Non science major accepted in pharm school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mosco

Live Free or Die
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed in those who got a 90 percentile most were getting a BS/BA in a science field. Were there any others who got accepted into pharm school or got a 90 percentile who majored in some other non science area?

Members don't see this ad.

mosco said:
I noticed in those who got a 90 percentile most were getting a BS/BA in a science field. Were there any others who got accepted into pharm school or got a 90 percentile who majored in some other non science area?
There is a thread somewhere that states who has what major. Many people do not have science degrees or any degree for that matter. :)

I met a girl from UCSF who was an Art Major, but also has a masters (I don't know what though). She already had a high gpa, took all the pre-requisites at city college, and was working as a pharmacy technician.

Sorry for the rambling. People who are non-science major are equally favorable candidates, as long as you complete the pre-reqisites and do well in them.

Members don't see this ad :)
dreaminpharmd said:
Sorry for the rambling. People who are non-science major are equally favorable candidates, as long as you complete the pre-reqisites and do well in them.
I agree! I know several people that have been accepted with a degree outside the science field.

Well I guess that's good for me then. I'm a music major, but I can't say I'm up in the 90th percentile.

Oh well I still hope I get into the school I want.

fidelio said:
Well I guess that's good for me then. I'm a music major, but I can't say I'm up in the 90th percentile.

Oh well I still hope I get into the school I want.

I am also a music major (Bachelor's and Master's) and so far have gotten into one school and had 2 more interview offers. I was worried in the beginning too, but so far my major has made me stand out and so far not been a problem.

Yea, I got an interview from UCSF, my dream school.
My cello teacher told me that that it's a very good thing to tell them your interests and abilities. I guess they love those kinds of people.

It's nice to meet another music major who's applying to pharm school. I hear that there are a lot out there, but I've never met one who is also applying. ;) Good luck to you.

fidelio said:
Yea, I got an interview from UCSF, my dream school.
My cello teacher told me that that it's a very good thing to tell them your interests and abilities. I guess they love those kinds of people.

It's nice to meet another music major who's applying to pharm school. I hear that there are a lot out there, but I've never met one who is also applying. ;) Good luck to you.

Good Luck to you also! When is your UCSF interview?

Stephie said:
Good Luck to you also! When is your UCSF interview?

It's on Feb 9. How about you? where are you applying?