Non-Student, curious question about waxing up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smallskennado

Reaction score
I know this seems weird being on the studentdoctor forum when I’m not a student doctor. However, I’ve been enthusiastically learning about waxing stone models for the fabrication of ornamental pieces for teeth. In my attempts, I’ve had a good time adding, shaping, and carving wax as well as taking impressions and making models. I am having trouble with however, removing the wax from the model in one piece, I use die lubricant, release-sep to be specific but I’ve come to no avail. There’s been times where I could remove a single tooth I’d waxed, however never can I pull 4-6 teeth off in one piece. I apologize for dragging on, I’m inclined to take any advice. Should I try using a film as a separating agent between the stone and teeth? I am using a rough home setup, a propane torch, waxing tools and kerr blue wax. Any help is more than appreciated. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

You need to use stone hardener resin to seal the stone model before applying the wax separator. Order the brand Very special DVA separator it works great. Also on a multi unit case use thread to cut the teeth apart then separate them individually.

You need to use stone hardener resin to seal the stone model before applying the wax separator. Order the brand Very special DVA separator it works great. Also on a multi unit case use thread to cut the teeth apart then separate them individually.
Thank you for the fast reply, should I use both the die stone conditioner and the very special separator?

Yes, seal the die with the resin first then use the separator after that has dried (around 5 min).