Non-trad 35N, 3.33 sGPA, 3.7 cGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joche

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was a foreign language/history major and did 2 years of international volunteering before returning to US for a post-bacc program to pursue medicine. Just finished the program and planning on applying for this cycle.

The problem is I had ~3.5 sGPA before my hopes were dashed by a C in OrgoII. I plan on taking biochem during first summer session - an A in that course will bring me up to 3.4 and I could submit my application in July. I'm looking at MCG (though my georgia residency may be questionable now that i've been gone for a while) and I love Tulane, but I'm not sure how much that C is going to hurt me - especially since its on the tail end of my academic career.

Members don't see this ad.

Hopefully, an A in Biochem after the OChem C will help reassure adcomms that the one grade was a glitch. Your terrific MCAT score will help convince them that you have what it takes to do well in their program. Since MCG only requires one semester of OChem with lab, that may help too. Still, your BCPM GPA is right at the bottom tenth percentile for those they have accepted in the past. I suggest you get an MSAR and start researching other schools to apply to. Tulane is a good choice as their bottom tenth percentile for BCPM is 3.2.