Non-trad cGPA 3.38 sGPA 3.45, where do i go from here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Calad

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Edit

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your GPA is not that bad, so everything depends on your MCAT now. Considering you're from NY, and there are like 10 schools there including several state schools, you should have a good/great chance of getting in as long as your MCAT is 33+ (aim for higher than 35, I would say)

Members don't see this ad :)
apply broadly and make sure every other aspect of your application is perfect (i.e. LOR's, AMCAS app, PS, secondaries). i applied with a 3.38gpa/3.28sgpa/32S and with a MPH and I got five interview offers and ultimately two acceptances (USC and USUHS). at a certain point it becomes who wants it the most and you just have to show that and the passion and the well roundedness. the rest is luck. good luck!

What else are you looking for? The advice you received already looks good. Are you applying this cycle, and if so, when are you taking the MCAT? Check out the MCAT forum for study plans and advice. Don't skimp on this because with a below-average GPA it will be very important to do well. Once you have an actual MCAT score, you can post another thread/revive this one for suggestions as to what schools to apply to. :luck: