This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LukaDoncicLuk

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users
All comes from within .

Determination, with proper urgency timing on studying trumps everything.

You must be an ORM who got caught in the super tough Cali premed scene for undergrad. ☠️

Catch second wind, power on.

Excellent write up.

How much time did you spend implementing this plan?

Congrats on the score, that’s awesome!

Thank you! I actually didn't really have a plan but I knew I was going to dedicate about 95ish days to study. I knew I wanted to start dedicated practice early so I started AAMC material a lot earlier than is usually recommend (started with qpacks and section banks about 45 days out)

All comes from within .

Determination, with proper urgency timing on studying trumps everything.

You must be an ORM who got caught in the super tough Cali premed scene for undergrad. ☠️

Catch second wind, power on.

Excellent write up.

Definitely agree with that statement. I was more determined and focused on the MCAT that I've ever been on anything in my life.

I am an ORM but the main reason I did poorly in the first part of my college career was more anxiety/lack of motivation. My undergrad was definitely competitive but I was able to get my ish together when I buckled down and luckily my upward trend reflects that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! I actually didn't really have a plan but I knew I was going to dedicate about 95ish days to study. I knew I wanted to start dedicated practice early so I started AAMC material a lot earlier than is usually recommend (started with qpacks and section banks about 45 days out)
Thanks, that’s about how many days I have left, and I was considering focusing mostly on section banks at this point. Good to know I’m on the right track.

Definitely agree with that statement. I was more determined and focused on the MCAT that I've ever been on anything in my life.

I am an ORM but the main reason I did poorly in the first part of my college career was more anxiety/lack of motivation. My undergrad was definitely competitive but I was able to get my ish together when I buckled down and luckily my upward trend reflects that.

Ethan Bradberry taught you well. That MCAT score is SLAMMIN.

Reactions: 2 users
I read pretty quickly. I also didn't spend much time agonizing over 50/50 questions. I just put my best guess, flagged it and came back to it later when I had finished the entire cars section.

Did you do this for the sciences too? I remember reading your initial exam reaction post about how you felt you barely got over 510 on the real deal lol
So I'm wondering how you went through the sciences despite feeling so iffy about it..

Did you do this for the sciences too? I remember reading your initial exam reaction post about how you felt you barely got over 510 on the real deal lol
So I'm wondering how you went through the sciences despite feeling so iffy about it..

I had different strategies for the C/P section. I basically skimmed the passage and used it as a guide to pick out relevant info for the questions. My C/P section felt like a bunch of pseudo-discretes but it's obviously different for everyone.

B/B was more of a "narrative" if that makes sense. You have to read the passage closely to figure out both the details and broader theme of the passage.

@NYCking

Attachments

• GKLmTWm.png
    GKLmTWm.png
    174.8 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: 1 users
Do you think it is worth it do the NS CARS portion of the exam? Or should I supplement with something more representative (UW, Jack Westin, etc)?

Also, if I do the CARS on NS exams, should I still take the time to review it? I'm not sure if that will be a waste of time or not since NS CARS is so different

Do you think it is worth it do the NS CARS portion of the exam? Or should I supplement with something more representative (UW, Jack Westin, etc)?

Also, if I do the CARS on NS exams, should I still take the time to review it? I'm not sure if that will be a waste of time or not since NS CARS is so different

I still did the NS Cars but I didn't spend any time reviewing it. I only reviewed AAMC material because I didn't want to pollute my mind with 3rd party logic before the test haha

Reactions: 1 user