Non-Trad, need help with oos school selection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Former Trader

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Left school in 2005 to take a job as an Equity Trader on Wall St. Went back last year and will be getting my BS in biochem. cGPA 3.5, sGPA 3.75. I have 150 hours in the OR, 30 hours in the clinic. I've been involved with a charity for the past four years which raises awareness for teenage mental illness. Strong letters, my personal statement is strong (described as very entertaining and funny by many professors, one of which is on the admissions committee of the med school of my current undergrad.) I will interview strong as well, very good communication skills and personality.

I'm applying to nearly every MD school in NY ( I'd really like to stay in NY) but I feel it is necessary to apply a bit more broadly, geographically speaking.

I get my MCAT score tomorrow so I will update when news comes in. As of right now, assume a 32.

Members don't see this ad.

Bump. 29Q 10V 10B 9P Very disappointed as thats way below my AAMC average. Going to have to retake at the end of July. Any thoughts?

Help me out here guys!! NYS resident, I would like opinions on this developing list

Albany
Hofstra
NYMC
Buffalo
Upstate Medical School
Downstate
Stony Brook
Jefferson
George Washington
Drexel
University of Central Florida
Virginia Tech
Penn State
Rosalind Franklin
Temple

If you are looking for schools that are fairly friendly to OOS applicants, both USNews and the MSAR will have more accurate and updated data on IS/OOS ratios.

Also, putting some information about what is important to you and what you are looking for in a school will help people make better suggestions.