qkchen

7+ Year Member
Nov 17, 2009
Status
Dental Student
dear pre-dents,

i never really formally introduced myself so i will take the opportunity now. like some of you guys, i consider myself a non-trad as i will have had 1.5-2 years work experience by the time i'm ready to apply to dental school. i did my undergrad in microbiology in canada and recently finished my master of science in the US; i currently work in medical research and have yet to take the DATs. i've got some ECs ranging from hospital volunteer, tutoring, lots of research, etc; however, i still need to find a dentist to shadow.

my biggest question is debating whether i should continue working while studying for DATs on the side or should i leave my job entirely and strictly focus on taking some more upper level biology courses. the latter would be a gamble although it would open up more time for me to do volunteer/shadowing things. the other alternative would be to just take a few night classes here and there. for those of you guys who have been through a similar situation and would want to share any advice/insights, please feel free to do so. thanks and i look forward to getting to know you all on this journey to dental school!

Quinn

Last edited:

Atticus

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Hey,
Check you PM. I would undoubtedly continue working while studying for the DAT. You've proven yourself academically though your excellent work in undergrad and grad school.