non-trad with 3.3 cGPA, 3.2 BCPM, 34P

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

khakiman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
edit. please delete.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If there was an upward trend, you could get an acceptance. If you were static, it might be good to have a 1 year post-bacc with strong grades.

edit. please delete.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
My first semester was a 2.7, and for the rest of college my semester GPAs ranged between 3.2 and 3.5, with some up and down fluctuation. I have also taken 2 classes (intro biochem and gen chem 2) after graduating, while working full-time. Will any of these factors help me at all?
Sounds like you were stagnant. The first semester is usually expected from freshmen because it's hard to adapt, but the rest of your GPA shows no upward trend.

The 34 can make some people explore your application, but the rest sounds about average or below average (GPA).

edit. please delete.

Last edited:
So do I stand much of a chance of getting in? I have a list of ~15 schools with cGPA and BCPM ranges that I fall into (albeit on the lower end). GPAs can't mean everything, right?
Nobody can say you will or will not get in, but your numbers do put you on the lower end of chances.

edit. please delete.

Last edited:
I've had a look at the AAMC data (https://www.aamc.org/data/facts/applicantmatriculant/) and approximately 50% of applicants with stats in the range of mine (cGPA 3.20-3.39, MCAT 33-35) are accepted. Is there something I should know about this data, or can I be somewhat hopeful based on this percentage?
Those stats are always incomplete as they could (and do) add the applicants that go in with masters, Ph.D's, SMP's, upward trends from below 3.0, people that have applied more than one cycle, etc. While you do have a chance, you need to do everything possible to maximize the chances. As of now, shadowing and clinical volunteering is low to none. If it happened in High School, that doesn't count for medicine, especially for a non-trad.