non-trad with a j-curve...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

topsoil municipio

tInFoIl MaRgArItA
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
  • Setting up for 2018 application
  • Anonymized for safety :)
  • 3.5-ish with j-curve c-gpa and s-gpa. Extra year-ish of coursework.
  • Humanities major and some post-bacc.
  • 513-ish MCAT
  • Non-trad white girl from the Atlantic coast, disadvantaged
  • 9000-ish hours of clinical exposure, mostly through work (non trad, friendos)
  • Non-basic-sci research, school presentation
  • 500-ish hours of non-clinical volunteering (some of this might be leadership, idk)
  • Have a hobby
  • Decent LORs and essays
  • have a thing in the state case search for losing my subway ticket on a check day. it says other plea/dismissed
Major interest is primary care or EM, but want to keep my options open. This side of the Mississippi and PA-or-below but not Florida (unless there's a greeeeattt reason to look elsewhere).

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Prefer not to specify... East Coast, has a state school which is not very fancy.

Members don't see this ad :)
These are schools where you could receive interviews with your stats:
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Albany
New York Medical College
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
GW
Georgetown
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
St. Louis
Tulane
Creighton
any new schools that may open for 2018 (Seton Hall, Roseman,etc.)

Reactions: 1 user
thanks!

Creighton's out, partially cos they're in Nebraska or something and partly because they don't (or didn't) accept CC.

A bunch of the others were already on my list, sweet. Any thoughts on Pittsburgh or Commonwealth? Will also add my non-specified State school. :)

thanks!

Creighton's out, partially cos they're in Nebraska or something and partly because they don't (or didn't) accept CC.

A bunch of the others were already on my list, sweet. Any thoughts on Pittsburgh or Commonwealth? Will also add my non-specified State school. :)
Pittsburgh would be a reach but Commonwealth does accept a few non PA residents.

Reactions: 1 user