Aug 18, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi guys, first time poster.

I would like some brutally honest opinions - is it best to just retake the MCAT and apply next cycle or try for a "easier" schools? Is MD just not an option at all at this point? Like most people, if I don't have to, I don't want to go through the process of studying for the MCAT again. I knew while I was taking the test that I was not as ready as I would have liked to be. So here are the stats...

cGPA: 3.66
sGPA: 3.69
MCAT: 498...womp womp womp I definitely feel/know I can do better
EC's/extra stuff about me: I graduated early from undergraduate. I took a post-bacc to get pre-reqs out of the way. Worked 50+ hours a week while an undergraduate. Worked 1.5 years as a medical assistant to a dermatologist. Worked almost 2 years as a behavioral therapist. Currently volunteering at a homeless shelter while working two jobs (gap year jobs). Shadowed a PCP for a few months - had to stop because she only worked weekdays and I just recently started working again.

studentdocftw

M4
2+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2015
Status
Medical Student
498 ~ 24 on old MCAT. Seeing as 31 was the avg matriculant last cycle...I wouldn't waste money this cycle. Retake the test, and apply next cycle!

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
MD is not an option, and neither are the top DO schools.

Your best luck would be with the newest DO programs. I can't recommend LUCOM.

Hi guys, first time poster.

I would like some brutally honest opinions - is it best to just retake the MCAT and apply next cycle or try for a "easier" schools? Is MD just not an option at all at this point? Like most people, if I don't have to, I don't want to go through the process of studying for the MCAT again. I knew while I was taking the test that I was not as ready as I would have liked to be. So here are the stats...

cGPA: 3.66
sGPA: 3.69
MCAT: 498...womp womp womp I definitely feel/know I can do better
EC's/extra stuff about me: I graduated early from undergraduate. I took a post-bacc to get pre-reqs out of the way. Worked 50+ hours a week while an undergraduate. Worked 1.5 years as a medical assistant to a dermatologist. Worked almost 2 years as a behavioral therapist. Currently volunteering at a homeless shelter while working two jobs (gap year jobs). Shadowed a PCP for a few months - had to stop because she only worked weekdays and I just recently started working again.