-

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rockdude

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi
I have posted before. I am consolidating the info here. I am a non traditional ORM. Is it realistic that I stand a reasonable chance for MD/DO admission pool? Or should I consider overseas med school?

• Year in school: Graduated in 2018 (non-trad)
  • Country/state of residence: NY
  • Schools to which you are applying: Mostly east coast MD schools [NY, MA, PA, NJ, IL].
  • Major: Linguistics.
  • Undergraduate cGPA: 3.27
  • Undergraduate sGPA: 3.0
  • SMP GPA: 3.75
  • MCAT Scores: 509 (2018), 515 (07/2020).

Have a publication with my lead research physician, have over 100 physician shadowing hours, have volunteered during college, EMT certified. I will be starting my research assistant job with the same lead physician in a few weeks.

Do I stand any chance of being considered for a MD school? I have not applied to DO this year. Not sure if it is too late to apply. If I do not make it this year then perhaps apply for DO and ? foreign medical schools next year.

Any suggestions, criticisms from adcoms, senior physicians appreciated. [@Faha, @Goro, @Catalystik].
I recommend:

Dartmouth
BU

Duke
Pitt
Mayo
Mt Sinai
Keck (maybe)
UCSF
EVMS
U Miami
Hofstra
Emory
Jefferson
Drexel
Albany
Tufts
NYMC
ALL SUNYs

Rush
Loyola
Rosy Franklin
Tulane
Wake
MCW
SLU
Creighton
Wayne State
Netter
NYU.LI

Any DO program. I can't recommend Nova, Wm Carey, BCOM, ICOM and LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me. CUHS is too new and appears to be too limited in rotations sites. UIW refuses to post their Boards scores, which is fishy.

As a reinventor, you need to cast a wide net, as you can see. For DO schools, start list with NYITCOM, the NY Touros, UNECOM, PCOM, LECOM, VCOM.

Don't even think about going overseas.

Reactions: 1 user
@Goro, @Faha, @Catalystik

Hello Goro, Faha and Catalystik

I am very, very happy to say I got an admission in to med school. I am also on a WL for another school. I want to thank all three of you for your guidance during the past 2 years. I was losing hope but the admission came through just this afternoon.

Again, God Bless all three of you for your time, counseling and guidance for all us [applicants] on this forum.

:love::):thumbup::soexcited::clap::bow::claps::banana::biglove:
Congratulations!

Reactions: 1 user