Non-traditional Dental students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tamala

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where are you :)

How long have you been out of school?
Where and how did you complete your pre-requsites?

Members don't see this ad.

Tamala said:

IN Las Vegas

Grad w/ a BS Business in '91

Pre-rec- in Las VEgas @ Community and UNLV JUST starting 1/2006
YAH!!!!!!
Go Mama GO

Got a BS in 2004.

taking Prequistes at OCC(jr college) in Socal.

Applying next year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tamala said:

Before starting my pre-req's I graduated in 1990. I plan to complete my pre-requisites for Dental School by the Fall Semester of 2006. I've been attending a Community College while trying to get in as many courses as I can at UT-Arlington or UT-Dallas. The problem is that class schedules haven't quite worked for me :mad: All the classes that I need to take are in the morning, and that doesn't work for me. Hopefully I'll get some classes next semester at UTD. :luck:

I'm in Pensacola, FL, and orginally graduated from college in '97. Been taking prereqs at Univ. of West Florida for a year now. Applying this cycle.

Pelotari said:
Before starting my pre-req's I graduated in 1990. I plan to complete my pre-requisites for Dental School by the Fall Semester of 2006. I've been attending a Community College while trying to get in as many courses as I can at UT-Arlington or UT-Dallas. The problem is that class schedules haven't quite worked for me :mad: All the classes that I need to take are in the morning, and that doesn't work for me. Hopefully I'll get some classes next semester at UTD. :luck:
r u working F/T?
how amny classes r u taking a semester?

I did 3.5 yrs back until 1999...now 2 kids later I transfered and lost a lot of credits :mad: I'll be taking 42 credits of Health Sciences and few more for the pre-que....I commute to school in the mornings leaving the house before 6:30 a.m. to avoid traffic in Miami :eek: Love that & I can't wait to finish and start studying for the DAT :)

We may be a bit older, but we sure bring a lot of experience and passion to the mix :D

Graduated BS in biology in 2003, gpa sucks. In 4th semester of post bac (retakes, etc) and applied this cycle. Waiting.....

Graduated in May of 2004 have been working in the pharmaceutical industry ever since... finished all prereqs in undergrad...

I graduated in 2003 with a BSN and have been working as an RN since. I'm just starting my pre reqs at the local CC in the spring....wish me luck! :D

sumozmom said:
r u working F/T?
how amny classes r u taking a semester?

Yep, I work full time (main source of income of the family) - have no choice. I'm taking two classes per semester. This semester I'm taking Organic Chemistry I and Biology II. I've taken my Inorganic Chem's, Biology I, and Physics I already.

I graduated in 2004 and worked in the manufacturing sector providing water treatment consultation for chillers, boilers, cooling towers, DAF's, and other industrial equipment. I have gone back to a CC to take the few biology courses I lacked. I hope to start Dschool next fall!