Dental Non- traditional student - how do I prepare for DAT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated two years ago with a low GPA and thinking of taking the DAT for the last time before applying for the next cycle in June. What is the smartest way to start restudying with the same materials? What are my options for inexpensive new materials?
I'd refer to this thread to see what materials are out there: Forum Members - DAT Summary, Tips, & Tricks

I'd refer to this thread to see how people studied with those materials: Compilation - DAT Breakdown Collection! 2017-Present

What are your GPAs and what were your scores on your previous attempt(s) of the DAT?

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, not a lot of info......

I think you need a masters before you apply as your GPA is indeed really low and will probably lead to you being auto-rejected from schools. I'd first start with a masters program (SMP) and keep your grad GPA high (3.8+), and retake the DAT later on when you have a more solid science foundation. I would not recommend applying this cycle - if you did, I think it would just be donating to schools basically. I don't think you'd have a very strong chance without the masters either, even if you did have a high DAT score (24+) because GPAs show your academic achievements over a long period of time, whereas the DAT is almost like a memorization test where people can score well if they study hard/long enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.