*~Non-Traditional Student Success Stories Cycle 2011

Aug 13, 2014
Status
  1. Dental Student
so i know this thread is super old and none of y'all will come back and read this since you're in dental school now, but this is the greatest thread on this website. hopefully i'll have a similar story of my own in a few months. congrats to all!

Reactions: SweetToothDMD

jeffity

7+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2009
Status
  1. Dentist
I always wonder how these random threads get brought back up. Google search?

While I'm here...
It's been almost exactly 5 years since deciding it was career changing time. Did my homework, tidied up loose ends at my job and quit late 2009, and enrolled Jan 2010 to start pre-reqs. Undergrad degree was in marketing so I had no science besides some random geology and physics 101. Applied 18 months later (June 2011) to 9 schools, got interviews at 7 (went to 6) and got into 4. Here I am starting Q2 of D3. I can't believe it's been 5 years already! I didn't even have kids when I decided to head for dentistry! Now I have 3 (including twins). Such a wild ride. This is now the 6th application cycle I've watched here. I swore I was done with school when I graduated, but I'm glad I maintained GPA back then, because it would have been much harder to get in otherwise. Probably would have taken another year before applying if I had GPA damage control to take care of. GPA and applying early are what did it for me, I think (DAT, letters, statement, etc were done when the cycle opened). And although not an option for everyone, completely quitting a job and going 100% school and application (shadow and volunteering fest) helped too.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads