Non Traditional Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daver

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, just a guess, but I bet I am not the only one who reads this site who is not a full time college student in the traditional sense of the word. Sure I go full time, taking 14 hours this term, but I also have 2 kids, a wife and a job that requires 40-50 hours/week of my time. Whining? Absolutely not (wouldn't have it any other way) Want sympathy? No, just send money!
Not sure what I want out of this post, it is just always good to know that you are not fighting the long hard battle by yourself. Just wondering if there are any other struggling non-trads out there and how the world is treating you.

Members don't see this ad.

I am also a non-trad going to school FT (first degree) but not working full time. I am married with two children, a dog and a cat. It is tough when you are embarked on this journey with a family but it is doable..good luck!

i have a wife a new baby and 1 on the way.. i go to school ft and work ft.

i live near chicago and hope to go to Loyola or UIC.

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too :) Married, two kids, school ft, work pt. volunteer 3 hrs. a week. Already have a bachelors in Mass Comm. But, luckily, only 25. (didn't take me too long to figure out that I really DID want to be a doctor after all :))

Do you really think "life experiences" are a good thing when applying to med school?