Non-traditional UCLA Pre-Med/Health Science Certificate Program Enrollee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ER1986

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to see if this will reach the right people, so this is why I am posting this. Please respond if you know of anyone or if you are a non-traditional, UCLA Pre-Med Certificate student. Here's what I want to know: Did you or that person get accepted into a medical school? What are your stats if you do not mind giving that information out? What did you score on the MCAT after finishing the Certificate program, if you don't mind sharing? Were you able to receive recommendations from instructors within the program? Lastly, what instructors do you recommend that are still a part of the program?

Thank you all, I'm really struggling to find these answers and you don't know how much this means to get this information. It will be helpful to all who come across this post.

I meant to say Graduate, not enrolled.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you search up UCLA extension you'll find some similar threads and that people have definitely gone on to be accepted to medical school after completing the program. I don't see why they wouldn't, as its purpose is to give pre-reqs/GPA boosts (if you do well in the classes) to those who need them. So by way of fulfilling needed classes, it fits the bill, but it's up to the individual to have satisfied other parts of their application to be accepted into med school.

I plan on entering the program sometime next year but have taken ochem through the extension already. Some of my classmates were doing the pre-med certificate program and had positive experiences with their classes/professors. If you want to learn ochem and respect it as a science, Professor Ochan Otim is wonderful. He's not the most forgiving grader, but he is fair, understanding, and is truly passionate about the field.

Reactions: 1 user
If you search up UCLA extension you'll find some similar threads and that people have definitely gone on to be accepted to medical school after completing the program. I don't see why they wouldn't, as its purpose is to give pre-reqs/GPA boosts (if you do well in the classes) to those who need them. So by way of fulfilling needed classes, it fits the bill, but it's up to the individual to have satisfied other parts of their application to be accepted into med school.

I plan on entering the program sometime next year but have taken ochem through the extension already. Some of my classmates were doing the pre-med certificate program and had positive experiences with their classes/professors. If you want to learn ochem and respect it as a science, Professor Ochan Otim is wonderful. He's not the most forgiving grader, but he is fair, understanding, and is truly passionate about the field.

I will do a search. Thank you for your post.