1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Non-trads in medicine

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by coolkul, Aug 15, 2015.

1. coolkul

5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    I was wondering what non-trads, who have already gone through medical school and residency, think about their decision to go into medicine. What type of job did you have before? Why did you quit? Are you happy with your decision or do you wish you stuck with your original career?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MightBeACylon439

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    After a long thread with a few pointless side-arguments...TL,DR...some regret it some don't.

4. coolkul

5+ Year Member

Non-Student

#3 coolkul, Aug 15, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  5. coolkul

5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    From your username, it would be fair to say that you're a nontrad med student...What would you say about your experience and your opinion about your choice?

Oh yeah, that's what I kind of expected this thread to end up being. I couldn't find a thread that asked non trad physicians who've finished training. I just find posts about people who are planning on going into medicine after quitting their jobs, so I asked this question. I'm sure I didn't look hard enough.

I tried posting in another section, but sdn moved my post to the pre-med section.

6. MightBeACylon439

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I'm an MS1, I cant really tell you anything other than anatomy is hard and cutting into cadavers at first is weird, but then you get used to it. Make sure you know what and why you are getting into this. We are slightly more than a month into it and have already lost two people because "it's hard."

Also if you do get to med school you always have the option to laugh or cry. Always choose to laugh.