Nonclinical Volunteering AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemistry hahgdgjjhdf

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have a question about putting future hours on AMCAS. Both my nonclinical volunteering positions have stopped. One was due to COVID and the other because of construction and renovation. I was only able to get about 20 hours from each one. I also have about 30 hours from another experience that is nonclinical. So as of right now, I have about 70 hours. One of the coordinators for one of the positions said that they are only going to be closed for two weeks due to construction. He said that I can start again once that is completed. Since I plan on starting again in two weeks and doing this until next year, can I put future hours down for AMCAS or should I wait till I get more hours from the place and then do that? For reference, I have 800+ clinical hours. I am just lost as to what I should do. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Every school will value that information differently (some won't care because they understand you can't predict it, others appreciate that you have something committed/planned)... you'll have to check the schools). I would presume for the most part it won't matter as much as you think it would.

Every school will value that information differently (some won't care because they understand you can't predict it, others appreciate that you have something committed/planned)... you'll have to check the schools). I would presume for the most part it won't matter as much as you think it would.
Okay, thank you for your advice!