• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Nonclinical Volunteering AMCAS

chemistry hahgdgjjhdf

2+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2018
Hey everyone,

I have a question about putting future hours on AMCAS. Both my nonclinical volunteering positions have stopped. One was due to COVID and the other because of construction and renovation. I was only able to get about 20 hours from each one. I also have about 30 hours from another experience that is nonclinical. So as of right now, I have about 70 hours. One of the coordinators for one of the positions said that they are only going to be closed for two weeks due to construction. He said that I can start again once that is completed. Since I plan on starting again in two weeks and doing this until next year, can I put future hours down for AMCAS or should I wait till I get more hours from the place and then do that? For reference, I have 800+ clinical hours. I am just lost as to what I should do. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Oct 14, 2011
  1. Academic Administration
Every school will value that information differently (some won't care because they understand you can't predict it, others appreciate that you have something committed/planned)... you'll have to check the schools). I would presume for the most part it won't matter as much as you think it would.

chemistry hahgdgjjhdf

2+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2018
Every school will value that information differently (some won't care because they understand you can't predict it, others appreciate that you have something committed/planned)... you'll have to check the schools). I would presume for the most part it won't matter as much as you think it would.
Okay, thank you for your advice!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.