Nonscientific MCAT Score Stats Poll

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Have you ever wanted to know what the average MCAT stats are on SDN? Well, now you can. If you've taken the MCAT at any point, vote for your score. If you've taken the test more than once, you should vote for your most recent score.

BigRedPremed

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have you ever wanted to know what the average MCAT stats are on SDN? Well, now you can. If you've taken the MCAT at any point, vote for your score. If you've taken the test more than once, you should vote for your most recent score.

My guess: 34 (or at least among the self-selected people who took the poll :)

gujuDoc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have absolutely no idea who got a 43. No clue. ;)

You totally had me laughing my ass off at that one!!! seriiously though you guys crack me up!!!

I can't believe you actually made the poll. As per prediction, I think 34 is a good guess I suppose. Or do you think it will be more skewed to the right?? muahahahahahaha

gujuDoc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hereby delegate the job of calculating the official SDN MCAT mean and SD to Gujudoc. Guju, I expect your report to be on my desk by Monday. ;)

I hereby delegate to our MCAT advisors: Anastasis and Oxeye the role of calculations of standard deviation. Well Oxeye mostly but she's a statistics nerd anyhow! ;)

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hereby delegate to our MCAT advisors: Anastasis and Oxeye the role of calculations of standard deviation. Well Oxeye mostly but she's a statistics nerd anyhow! ;)
No way. You can't redelegate your delegation!

Members don't see this ad :)

oxeye

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
A tip for when you do it, though Guju - throw out the outliers. The "3" is for sure a fake. That would be nearly as hard to pull off as a 45!

TerraMedicX

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
You guys are freaking awesome! *LOL*

I'm guessing 35 (what can I say, I'm an optimist!), and I have to agree that the 3 and the two 45s have to be fake.

Nate.

sexyman

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Those graphs made me feel better...instilling my belief that you all are freaks of nature (especially if that is a picture of you Williams F1).

Joe

mongrel

Assoc. Prof. Dogsuit
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking that these scores are 90% untrustable. The low scorers inflated and the high scorers may have deflated (or inflated more) based on what they believed they should have earned. I would certainly take them with a grain of salt.