Nontrad - Help with School List 507/3.5

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caac13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I had this posted in the "What are my Chances?" sections but I am new to this site and thought that posting here may be more beneficial as there may be other non-traditional students who have gone my route.

Background:
PharmD with 2 years of inpatient residencies (1 in general internal med, 1 in infectious diseases), worked moonlighting at outpatient pharmacies throughout residencies
3.5 sGPA, 3.57 overall PharmD GPA (6 yr program) (worked 15-20 hours/week throughout entire school years and 40h/week during summers/breaks)
507 (74th percentile) - 125 C/P/ 129 CARS/ 126 bio/ 127 psych MCAT (I wish this was higher but I studied for it and took it during my residency)
2 publications, 3 more in preparation (first author on 2)
Pharmacotherapy textbook chapter author
Multiple poster and oral presentations at ID meetings and pharmacy meetings
1 year in vitro micro lab work
Volunteered last 2 years as pharmacist at free primary care clinic for underserved
Taught multiple lectures in top 10 pharmacy school and top 10 med school while a resident
Taught monthly lectures to internal med residents throughout residencies
Went to school and worked in PA for last 7 years but never changed my residency from Ohio (did work for 8 months in Ohio in 2012) (not sure where I'm considered in-state because of this)

So, I'm not sure if I have any MD chances at all but was considering applying to: Drexel, WVU, TJ, OSU, Toledo, Marshall, NEOUCOM, Wright State, and Penn State.

Really appreciate any input for you guys. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Your best chances are the Ohio schools if you are a resident. Apply more broadly and consider schools such as:
Temple
Jefferson
Commonwealth (PA)
New York Medical College
Albany
Quinnipiac
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Creighton
Tulane
Any new private MD school that opens in 2017 (Seton Hall, Henricopolis, Roseman, Etc.)
I also recommend applying to several DO schools and you are competitive for any DO school.

Hey I really hope this is a super early question about applying in late spring 2016 and not a tragic late question about applying now.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Your best chances are the Ohio schools if you are a resident. Apply more broadly and consider schools such as:
Temple
Jefferson
Commonwealth (PA)
New York Medical College
Albany
Quinnipiac
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Creighton
Tulane
Any new private MD school that opens in 2017 (Seton Hall, Henricopolis, Roseman, Etc.)
I also recommend applying to several DO schools and you are competitive for any DO school.

Thank you very much for your help! I will look more into some of these. I don't believe Jefferson accepts my degree as a baccalaureate, but I have to check on that.

Hey I really hope this is a super early question about applying in late spring 2016 and not a tragic late question about applying now.

Early question. I work a lot, trying to get ahead of things especially with my mediocre score.