Nontraditional Applicant Applied Late July

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jsimon

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
you might want to add more schools, because your chance at a UTexas school is pretty low
UUtah has a weird thing where only half the class can be Utah residents, so while your stats are not bad, you are competing for fewer spots
your application is not late on 7/31

Please tell me what you used to study for perceptual ability !

Members don't see this ad :)
Please tell me what you used to study for perceptual ability !
My only resource was DAT Bootcamp! But I studied around 30 minutes everyday religiously for my whole subscription. Just consistent practice that turned the PAT section into muscle memory by the time I took the actual test. Also learning how to pace yourself with full length practice test was key for me. Hope that helps and good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
My only resource was DAT Bootcamp! But I studied around 30 minutes everyday religiously for my whole subscription. Just consistent practice that turned the PAT section into muscle memory by the time I took the actual test. Also learning how to pace yourself with full length practice test was key for me. Hope that helps and good luck!
Thanks so much! Hope to get a score like yours :)

Nontraditional Applicant

Graduated in 2013 and have worked as a business professional for Boeing for 4 years before returning to school full-time for pre-reqs.

UT Resident (moved here from WA last year)

cGPA: 3.47
sGPA: 3.66

(3.95 GPA since coming back for pre-reqs)

DAT: 24AA/21TS/30PAT/27RC/27QR
(Nothing below a 21)

I have 150+ shadowing out of which 60 is with a general dentist, the rest being specialties

I have 1,000 volunteer hours most of which isn’t dental related

4 LOR’s: 2 science profs, dentist, and community service supervisor

I submitted my completed application on 7/31 and am waiting for my applications to be verified.

My current applied to list:

Utah
Roseman
Midwestern
UNLV
UofPacific
UTHC-San Antonio
LECOM
VCU
Louisville

Any advice on my chances based on stats and time applied is much welcomed.

I’m also concerned my app is on the late side and considering adding more schools. I would love suggestions based on my stats.
You may be overqualified. Are you sure you want to be a dentist?
Be patient, don’t call the schools.
I would bet my lifesaving that you’ll get in this round (granted, I am a broke dental student and my lifesaving isn’t what it use to be), but still the point is, you’ll definitely get offers.