Quantcast

Nontraditional premed with BPD ADHD or anxiety

BeMo Free Repeat™ On Us + 5 Med School Challenge
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Caliwright

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if there are any nontraditional premed students out there that my have BPD, ADHD, OCD or anxiety? It'd be really nice to connect with others that understand the added struggle of dealing with these things

AspiringERMD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you mean bipolar disorder or borderline personality disorder?

Caliwright

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Either or is better than not knowing someone at all. I have Borderline personalty disorder

ridethecliche

Meep Meep Meep
10+ Year Member
    Reaction score
    I'm obviously not going to disclose someone else's health history, but a friend that was admitted to medical school last fall took a year off to adjust after her depression flared up and it turns out that she was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. She's doing much better now and things are falling into place. She's looking forward to starting school in the fall.

That said, she's extremely happy she took a year to dial things in and take the time to get a handle on things after her diagnosis instead of jumping into medical school anyway. Her school was very supportive of her decision.

Reactions: 1 user

plant based

TUSPM Class of 2021
    5+ Year Member
    Reaction score
    Oh wow this is old... but I have GAD, Panic disorder as well as BPD. Non trad. Would love to talk sometime.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    7. This thread is locked.