Nontraditional premed with BPD ADHD or anxiety

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Caliwright

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if there are any nontraditional premed students out there that my have BPD, ADHD, OCD or anxiety? It'd be really nice to connect with others that understand the added struggle of dealing with these things

Members don't see this ad.

Do you mean bipolar disorder or borderline personality disorder?

Either or is better than not knowing someone at all. I have Borderline personalty disorder

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm obviously not going to disclose someone else's health history, but a friend that was admitted to medical school last fall took a year off to adjust after her depression flared up and it turns out that she was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. She's doing much better now and things are falling into place. She's looking forward to starting school in the fall.

That said, she's extremely happy she took a year to dial things in and take the time to get a handle on things after her diagnosis instead of jumping into medical school anyway. Her school was very supportive of her decision.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh wow this is old... but I have GAD, Panic disorder as well as BPD. Non trad. Would love to talk sometime.

Oh wow this is old... but I have GAD, Panic disorder as well as BPD. Non trad. Would love to talk sometime.
Hey, better late than never meeting others with similar things makes a world of difference