nontrad's--when was the last time you took classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TXKnight

Better Known as TXK
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how long ago you took your last class/semester? has it been 10 yrs ago? 1 yrs ago? How would longer periods of time without taking classes come across to ADCOMs?

Members don't see this ad.

10 years ago and I am doing fine in first year.

My law school days were over in May 2000.
I did not return to school until 2010 and finished all re-reqs in spring 2012. I probably could have done it faster, but my sugar mama insisted I continue to work as she was working and taking care of our children.

Members don't see this ad :)
You guys are awesome..I've been REALLY worried about the years lapsed between my last full semester and this app season. I have just taken 2 more classes in between. I am really worried adcoms will see that too "old" and the need to prove to them i still have it...
awesome keep them coming!

Last edited:
10 years ago and I am doing fine in first year.
Awesome! so no grief from adcoms I guess
My law school days were over in May 2000.
I did not return to school until 2010 and finished all re-reqs in spring 2012. I probably could have done it faster, but my sugar mama insisted I continue to work as she was working and taking care of our children.

:thumbup:

4 yrs ago so 3 yrs when i app'd

Went to grad school directly from college and ended that program in May 2011. Is that even considered non-traditional?

Went to grad school directly from college and ended that program in May 2011. Is that even considered non-traditional?

Not sure, that's too recent. Maybe slightly non-trad.:thumbup:

graduated Nov. 19, 2011, and started re taking classes June 1 . slightly non trad I guess

Graduated with my BA early August 2011. No classes since then, just work and shadowing docs. Many have called me a non-trad cuz I'm 28 with a wife and kid, but I'm unsure. Lol

last class march of this year. Then finished a paper after studying mcat. Best moment of life. Now it is a endless cycle of boredom. no sarcasm.

Last edited:
Graduated with English in 09. worked overseas. Returned spring 2011, took basic bio's back in 2005-06. Gonna finished up all the prereqs in the fall. Could have done it sooner, but I found it more interesting to take other classes to boost my sgpa in addition.

YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD. *not that I'm an example*

i imagine an mcat score would get rid of any worries from them anyway.