Noob Game 2020 Sign-Ups [CLOSED] - All New WW Players Welcome!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

When would you like the game to start? Pick your top 2. Games typically last 1-2 weeks

• December 17

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • December 18

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • December 19

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • December 20

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Later than the above options

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

WildZoo

Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just what the heck is going on here?
Have you seen the WW (Werewolf) threads around here and wondered just what exactly they were? Have you wandered into a thread, only to see talk of yeeting and murder and decided to run quickly in the other direction? Did you find yourself a little intrigued despite your misgivings? Maybe you even played a game or two, but you only lived like three days (or fewer) and were confused the entire time?

If any of the above applies to you, and you can check in a couple times per day once we get started, please consider playing in the upcoming 7th Annual Noob WW game! Here on the pre-vet side of SDN, this is one of the best ways to get to know your fellow pre-vets, vet students, and veterinarians...along with some human med party crashers. It can also be a fun escape from the stresses of professional life!

So, what is WW? (Credit to @Trilt)
WW - "Werewolf" - is a forum-based version of the classic party game "Mafia." You may have played it at camp at some point. Peruse the wikipedia entry and see if it looks familiar.

No? That's okay. Fundamentally, WW is a game of a small informed minority (the wolves) trying to kill off a confused, uninformed majority (the villagers). The villagers are, obviously, trying to figure out the bad guy wolves before they are all killed.

There is a simple day-night cycle to the game. During the day, all of the players talk together and decide one person that they believe to be a wolf. This person is killed - "yoten" - and removed from the game. At that point, whether they are wolf or village (or... other!) is revealed. During the night, the wolves plot together and decide on a villager to kill (who is, again, removed from the game).

Of course, we make this slightly more complicated, and if you want to read more check these links out:
Cyndia's post halfway down this thread is fantastic
An old noob game with a description and common rules
...but don't feel obligated to. Note when reading old threads and descriptions, the term "lynch" was historically used. It has now been replaced by "vote" or "yeet."

Categories of players will be as follows:

1) True Manatees - those players having played 3 games or less, who will be matched up with a veteran Manator

2) Grasshoppers - those players having played 4-8 games, who will not have a manator

3) Padawans - those players having played 9-14 games, who will be a resource for the rest of the players in the game and will be expected to be active and helpful. Limited spots available.

Manators will be paired up with manatees as mentioned above. Must have played 15+ games to qualify - not including speed games or noob games. Manators are free to submit a request for their preferred manatee! If we end up with more manators than 'tees, preference will be given to those who recruited players, followed by those with seniority. In this case, senior manators may choose to take on a junior manator assistant if they wish. If we end up wth the opposite problem, some of you may end up with more than one 'tee.

So when are we getting started?
The game is set to begin mid-to-late December (or thereabouts). When you sign up, please indicate your preferred start date in the poll. There will be a reminder to check-in sent out a few days before the start date, with the roster locked in 48 hours prior to game start. If you do not check-in, you will be bumped from the roster to the sub list.

Please copy the list below and add your name in the appropriate category! Check out the Pre-Vet WW Archive if you are interested in reading game threads or if you need to figure out how many games you have played (or just ask @Animal Midwife).

True Manatees (0-3 games)
etc.

Grasshoppers (4-8 games)

Padawans (9-14 games)

Manators (15+ games) - please do not fill more slots than the number of manatees who have signed up

Waiting List/Subs - If you are a grasshopper, padawan, or manator looking to sign up but spots are full, please add your name to this list and indicate your correct categorization.

**NOTE: If you are wanting to drop down to a lower categorization and you have a game (or two or whatever) where you died D1 or N1, you are free to disregard those games in your total**

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
etc.

Grasshoppers (4-8 games)

Padawans (9-14 games)

Manators (15+ games) - please do not fill more slots than the number of manatees who have signed up
1. AM

Waiting List/Subs - If you are a grasshopper, padawan, or manator looking to sign up but spots are full, please add your name to this list and indicate your correct categorization.

**NOTE: If you are wanting to drop down to a lower categorization and you have a game (or two or whatever) where you died D1 or N1, you are free to disregard those games in your total**

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
AM: '"I am a manatee, you fool!"
/not serious

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
.... uh well my tag list consists of people applying for residency or adcoms or busy with Step prep etc. and they'll probably kill me for bothering them for WW :bag::sorry:

Just gimme a few min i'll look for something

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm I will actually be between my last block and the beginning of clerkship so I can play.
Alright! Now someone needs to sit down and determine who will play the werewolf.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Five words are all it takes for me to start a frenzy... Even non-believers are rallying to my cause.

• Haha
Ill be a True Manatee

1. jhmmd
2. M935
etc.

Grasshoppers (4-8 games)

Padawans (9-14 games)
(Lawp as sub)

1. AM
2. Finn

2. Sporty (Manator)

Last edited:
  • Dislike
I appreciate being tagged nearly every noob game. Lol. But strategy isnt my thing. Im a straight forward campaign style person.

Ehh.. why not? I like to pretend i will be too busy hahahah

true manatee here. Ive never played.