Noob WW Game 2019 Sign Ups [CLOSED] - a WW Game for Beginners

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

When would you like the game to start? Pick your top 2. Games typically last 1-2 weeks

• December 16

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • December 17

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • December 18

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • December 19

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • December 20

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Later than the above options...

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters

WildZoo

Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just what the heck is going on here?
Have you seen the WW (Werewolf) threads around here and wondered just what exactly they were? Have you wandered into a thread, only to see talk of lynching and murder and decided to run quickly in the other direction? Did you find yourself a little intrigued despite your misgivings? Maybe you even played a game or two, but you only lived like three days (or fewer) and were confused the entire time?

If any of the above applies to you, and you can check in a couple times per day once we get started, please consider playing in the upcoming 6th Annual Noob WW game! Here on the pre-vet side of SDN, this is one of the best ways to get to know your fellow pre-vets, vet students, and veterinarians. It can also be a fun escape from the stresses of professional life!

So, what is WW? (Credit to @Trilt)
WW - "Werewolf" - is a forum-based version of the classic party game "Mafia." You may have played it at camp at some point. Peruse the wikipedia entry and see if it looks familiar.

No? That's okay. Fundamentally, WW is a game of a small informed minority (the wolves) trying to kill off a confused, uninformed majority (the villagers). The villagers are, obviously, trying to figure out the bad guy wolves before they are all killed.

There is a simple day-night cycle to the game. During the day, all of the players talk together and decide one person that they believe to be a wolf. This person is killed - "lynched" - and removed from the game. At that point, whether they are wolf or village (or... other!) is revealed. During the night, the wolves plot together and decide on a villager to kill (who is, again, removed from the game).

Of course, we make this slightly more complicated, and if you want to read more check these links out:
Cyndia's post halfway down this thread is fantastic
An old noob game with a description and common rules
...but don't feel obligated to.

Categories of players will be as follows:

1) True Manatees - those players having played 2 games or less, who will be matched up with a veteran Manator

2) Grasshoppers - those players having played 3-5 games, who will not have a manator

3) Padawans - those players having played 6-9 games, who will be a resource for the rest of the players in the game and will be expected to be active and helpful. Limited spots available.

Manators will be paired up with manatees as mentioned above. Must have played 10+ games to qualify. Manators are free to submit a request for their preferred manatee!

So when are we getting started?
The game is set to begin mid-to-late December (or thereabouts). When you sign up, please indicate your preferred start date in the poll above. There will be a reminder to check in sent out a few days before the start date, with the roster locked in 48 hours prior to game start.

Please copy the list below and add your name in the appropriate category! Check out the Pre-Vet WW Archive if you are interested in reading game threads or if you need to figure out how many games you have played.

True Manatees (0-2 games)

Grasshoppers (3-5 games)

Padawans (6-9 games)

Manators (10+ games) - please do not fill more slots than the number of manatees who have signed up

Waiting List/Subs - If you are a grasshopper, padawan, or manator looking to sign up but spots are full, please add your name to this list and indicate your correct categorization.

**NOTE: If you are wanting to drop down to a lower categorization and you have a game (or two or whatever) where you died D1 or N1, you are free to disregard those games in your total**

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Just what the heck is going on here?
Have you seen the WW (Werewolf) threads around here and wondered just what exactly they were? Have you wandered into a thread, only to see talk of lynching and murder and decided to run quickly in the other direction? Did you find yourself a little intrigued despite your misgivings? Maybe you even played a game or two, but you only lived like three days (or fewer) and were confused the entire time?

If any of the above applies to you, and you can check in a couple times per day once we get started, please consider playing in the upcoming 6th Annual Noob WW game! Here on the pre-vet side of SDN, this is one of the best ways to get to know your fellow pre-vets, vet students, and veterinarians. It can also be a fun escape from the stresses of professional life!

So, what is WW? (Credit to @Trilt)
WW - "Werewolf" - is a forum-based version of the classic party game "Mafia." You may have played it at camp at some point. Peruse the wikipedia entry and see if it looks familiar.

No? That's okay. Fundamentally, WW is a game of a small informed minority (the wolves) trying to kill off a confused, uninformed majority (the villagers). The villagers are, obviously, trying to figure out the bad guy wolves before they are all killed.

There is a simple day-night cycle to the game. During the day, all of the players talk together and decide one person that they believe to be a wolf. This person is killed - "lynched" - and removed from the game. At that point, whether they are wolf or village (or... other!) is revealed. During the night, the wolves plot together and decide on a villager to kill (who is, again, removed from the game).

Of course, we make this slightly more complicated, and if you want to read more check these links out:
Cyndia's post halfway down this thread is fantastic
An old noob game with a description and common rules
...but don't feel obligated to.

Categories of players will be as follows:

1) True Manatees - those players having played 2 games or less, who will be matched up with a veteran Manator

2) Grasshoppers - those players having played 3-5 games, who will not have a manator

3) Padawans - those players having played 6-9 games, who will be a resource for the rest of the players in the game and will be expected to be active and helpful. Limited spots available.

Manators will be paired up with manatees as mentioned above. Must have played 10+ games to qualify. Manators are free to submit a request for their preferred manatee!

So when are we getting started?
The game is set to begin mid-to-late December (or thereabouts). When you sign up, please indicate your preferred start date in the poll above. There will be a reminder to check in sent out a few days before the start date, with the roster locked in 48 hours prior to game start.

Please copy the list below and add your name in the appropriate category! Check out the Pre-Vet WW Archive if you are interested in reading game threads or if you need to figure out how many games you have played.

Grasshoppers (3-5 games)

Padawans (6-9 games)

Manators (10+ games) - please do not fill more slots than the number of manatees who have signed up
1. AM

Waiting List/Subs - If you are a grasshopper, padawan, or manator looking to sign up but spots are full, please add your name to this list and indicate your correct categorization.

Members don't see this ad :)

Grasshoppers (3-5 games)

Padawans (6-9 games)

Manators (10+ games)
1. Animal Midwife

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be anything you need me to be

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user
btw if anyone doesn't know game count... I lurk on these things and can tell you

[

Grasshoppers (3-5 games)

Padawans (6-9 games)

Manators (10+ games)
1. Animal Midwife
2. Coffee?

I count five.
Wonderful!

Grasshoppers (3-5 games)
1. Acanthuroidei

Padawans (6-9 games)

Manators (10+ games)
1. Animal Midwife
2. Coffee?
3. Trilt
4. Miz
5. Finny
6. Vetmedhead

I'll be anything you need me to be

I think I've played 9ish games on SDN but I've played 100+ games across all the sites I use
So idk use your discretion

I think I've played 9ish games on SDN but I've played 100+ games across all the sites I use

I was about to say, I have no idea where to put you haha.

I'm going to put you in Padawans for now because I think that'll be ~fun~ but if two "real" Padawans want to sign up I'll bump you to Manator. Fair?

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
I'm going to put you in Padawans for now because I think that'll be ~fun~ but if two "real" Padawans want to sign up I'll bump you to Manator. Fair?
Sounds good ty

Grasshoppers (3-5 games)
1. Acanthuroidei

Padawans (6-9 games)
1. Flushy

Manators (10+ games)
1. Animal Midwife
2. Coffee?
3. Trilt
4. Miz
5. Finny
6. Vetmedhead

Grasshoppers (3-5 games)
1. Acanthuroidei

Padawans (6-9 games)
1. Flushy

Manators (10+ games)
1. Animal Midwife
2. Coffee?
3. Trilt
4. Miz
5. Finny
6. Vetmedhead

Is this just going to be a regular WW where we manator each other? :laugh:

I played once quite a few years ago but I’ll give it another go! Could definitely use the distraction. I’m a true manatee :)

Reactions: 8 users
1. PreciousMoments2024

Grasshoppers (3-5 games)
1. Acanthuroidei

Padawans (6-9 games)

Manators (10+ games)
1. Animal Midwife
2. Coffee?
3. Trilt
4. Miz
5. Finny
6. Vetmedhead

Reactions: 4 users
1. PreciousMoments2024
2. EngrSC

Grasshoppers (3-5 games)
1. Acanthuroidei

Padawans (6-9 games)
1. Flushy

Manators (10+ games)
1. Animal Midwife
2. Coffee?
3. Trilt
4. Miz
5. Finny
6. Vetmedhead

1. PreciousMoments2024
2. EngrSC

Grasshoppers (3-5 games)
1. Acanthuroidei

Padawans (6-9 games)
1. Flushy

Manators (10+ games)
1. Animal Midwife
2. Coffee?
3. Trilt
4. Miz
5. Finny
6. Vetmedhead
7. Dina

1. PreciousMoments2024
2. EngrSC
3. LizLiz99

Grasshoppers (3-5 games)
1. Acanthuroidei

Padawans (6-9 games)
1. Flushy

Manators (10+ games)
1. Animal Midwife
2. Coffee?
3. Trilt
4. Miz
5. Finny
6. Vetmedhead
7. Dina

Reactions: 3 users
I went back to look how many games I‘ve actually played because it’s been like a year and a half since I’ve played...definitely more than I remembered lolol. I remember @Trilt dark circus beginner game being super fun.

I don’t really fit in any of these categories because it been so long since I played, so someone please tag me in the next non-newb game...I could use some WW in my life:)

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users