Noob WW game - All newcomers to prevet welcome

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StartingoverVet

Flight Instructor for hire
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone-

If you are new to SDN, new to the pre-vet forum, or even been here awhile and never participated, it is your chance (again) to participate in the our fun WW (short for werewolf) games. These are basically a play on the werewolf party game or the Mafia on-line games. They have a long (storied) history in SDN starting in the lounge (also called the Wolf's Den) and migrating to the pre-vet forum where I introduced them in 2012.

This will be the second time we run a 'noob' game, the idea being that a bunch of people who know nothing about these games are given a shot to learn together, and hopefully one day join the rest of us in WW-ing.

Take my advice: WW is an absolutely wonderful way to distract yourself from pre-vet applications, or college exams, and beyond. We have players who are pre-vet, in vet school, licensed veterinarians, pre-med, in medical school, and human doctors, and even some people who have nothing to do with the medical profession (anymore). There is no better way to procrastinate from filling out that application or studying for an exam, or to while away the hours while waiting for someone to send in your LOR, or to hear back if you got an interview.

Here is a link to some of the WW games we have run in the first 2 years. More recent ones not included:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/celebrating-two-years-of-ww-games-in-pre-vet.983713/

You can also search on-line to learn more about WW and Mafia games.

For now, you don't need to know anything, all you have to do is sign up. Once we get 20-40 players we will close this sign up and start the game soon thereafter. Just quote this message (or actually the most recent one that someone has signed up on) and add your name to the list.
@Lupin21 and @StartingoverVet (aka SOV) will be your moderators.

Feel free to ask any questions.

If you sign up you must be willing to participate or this doesn't work. Welcome aboard... and have fun.

1-
2-
3-

etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Will this be another mentor/mentee game?

Members don't see this ad :)
That game is a large part of the reason I'm still on SDN. That first game felt so intense lol.

WW is a great way to distract yourself and make new friends on the forums, or to just have some fun.

Reactions: 1 user
For now, you don't need to know anything, all you have to do is sign up. Once we get 20-40 players we will close this sign up and start the game soon thereafter. Just quote this message (or actually the most recent one that someone has signed up on) and add your name to the list.

If you sign up you must be willing to participate or this doesn't work. Welcome aboard... and have fun.

1-LadyOtheFarm
2-
3-

etc.

Is that the right way to do this? Sorry, feeling slow this am.

And it goes without saying... I volunteer to mentor
7255127_orig.gif

Sure, why not. I'm on here 23 hours a day anyways.

1-LadyOtheFarm
2-finnickthedog
3-

etc.

Sure, why not. I'm on here 23 hours a day anyways.

1-LadyOtheFarm
2-finnickthedog
3-katashark
4-

@Lupin21 and @StartingoverVet(aka SOV) will be your moderators.

1-LadyOtheFarm
2-finnickthedog
3-katashark
4- alohacat319

@Lupin21 and @StartingoverVet(aka SOV) will be your moderators.

1-LadyOtheFarm
2-finnickthedog
3-katashark
4- alohacat319
5 - PBC

We can all make nooby mistakes together! You guys, I am so excited. :banana:

Reactions: 1 users
I know I've played 2 or 3 games before but I know I'm noob enough that I hardly know what's going on

1-LadyOtheFarm
2-finnickthedog
3-katashark
4- alohacat319
5 - PBC
6- swiniazycie

Members don't see this ad :)
I spent the last 2 nights avoiding studying for my Orgo test by reading through SOV's last two WW game threads. I'm in!

1-LadyOtheFarm
2-finnickthedog
3-katashark
4- alohacat319
5 - PBC
6- swiniazycie
7-kam325

These games always looked pretty fun... sure, why the heck not?

1-LadyOtheFarm
2-finnickthedog
3-katashark
4- alohacat319
5 - PBC
6- swiniazycie
7-kam325
8 - ketoone

I've always wanted to play but have absolutely no idea how...and it seems like we have to be pretty diligent about checking the thread. Would I screw up the game if I didn't check it daily, or only checked it every night? I'm trying to stop hiding under the covers of SDN and start studying more...

I've always wanted to play but have absolutely no idea how...and it seems like we have to be pretty diligent about checking the thread. Would I screw up the game if I didn't check it daily, or only checked it every night? I'm trying to stop hiding under the covers of SDN and start studying more...

YOU SHOULD PLAY

1-LadyOtheFarm
2-finnickthedog
3-katashark
4- alohacat319
5 - PBC
6- swiniazycie
7-kam325
8 - ketoone
9 - Trilt

I should probably try an understand these threads, for how long I've been here... :)

1-LadyOtheFarm
2-finnickthedog
3-katashark
4- alohacat319
5 - PBC
6- swiniazycie
7-kam325
8 - ketoone
9 - Trilt
10- hazelmoo

I can't tell if I should be scared or excited, lol!:clap:

I volunteer as mentor as well, if being mentor just means answering questions about how the game works. I offer nothing in terms of actual skills :p
You want to check in at least once every lynch (day) cycle. But the cycles can end pretty late so checking in at night may be ok if it's before lynch closes.

After sign-ups are complete I will see if there is enough supply for mentoring. I sort of suspect there may not be, and I may just have a bunch of TAs who people can go ask questions to instead of a 1-1 mentoring relationship. We shall see.

Reactions: 2 users
I volunteer as mentor as well, if being mentor just means answering questions about how the game works. I offer nothing in terms of actual skills :p

You want to check in at least once every lynch (day) cycle. But the cycles can end pretty late so checking in at night may be ok if it's before lynch closes.
Yeah, these days I don't have the free time to close early, so it will be late closes.

1-LadyOtheFarm
2-finnickthedog
3-katashark
4- alohacat319
5 - PBC
6- swiniazycie
7-kam325
8 - ketoone
9 - Trilt
10- hazelmoo
11 - pinkpuppy9

I'll give it a shot!

Mark me down as a possible mentor!

Mark me down as a possible mentor!
Sorry, not game related but I need to know:
Gwen, what is your avatar from? It looks kinda like Sailor Moon, but I don't recognize it and it's been driving me crazy for a VERY LONG TIME!

Gwen, what is your avatar from? It looks kinda like Sailor Moon, but I don't recognize it and it's been driving me crazy for a VERY LONG TIME!
RWBY

LOOK IT UP AND WATCH IT IT'S AMAZING

Sorry for stealing your thunder gwen I got excited

I've always wanted to try one of these!

1-LadyOtheFarm
2-finnickthedog
3-katashark
4- alohacat319
5 - PBC
6- swiniazycie
7-kam325
8 - ketoone
9 - Trilt
10- hazelmoo
11 - pinkpuppy9
12 - Chordata25

Fo realz. Kick ass young ladies go to combat school and fight baddies. Created by the same team behind Red v Blue (Rooster Teeth)

I want STL as my mentor because I know where he lives in case he gets me killed

Reactions: 4 users
Oh he'll get you killed

Well, that's if I make it through lectures tomorrow. They decided to triple a class and I may have threatened to stab my eyes. We'll see.

I'm always up for new ways to procrastinate!

-LadyOtheFarm
2-finnickthedog
3-katashark
4- alohacat319
5 - PBC
6- swiniazycie
7-kam325
8 - ketoone
9 - Trilt
10- hazelmoo
11 - pinkpuppy9
12 - Chordata25
13-Caiter92

Well, that's if I make it through lectures tomorrow. They decided to triple a class and I may have threatened to stab my eyes. We'll see.
I thought that wasn't your game plan anymore since that would make the micro practicals extraordinarily difficult :p.

And the better question is, do you know where I will be living by the time I get you killed? :p

yes! Procrastination!

1-LadyOtheFarm
2-finnickthedog
3-katashark
4- alohacat319
5 - PBC
6- swiniazycie
7-kam325
8 - ketoone
9 - Trilt
10- hazelmoo
11 - pinkpuppy9
12 - Chordata25
13-Caiter92
14-rockatiel

1-LadyOtheFarm
2-finnickthedog
3-katashark
4- alohacat319
5 - PBC
6- swiniazycie
7-kam325
8 - ketoone
9 - Trilt
10- hazelmoo
11 - pinkpuppy9
12 - Chordata25
13-Caiter92
14-rockatiel
15- Teepster87

Alright, my curiosity has finally gotten the better of me. Sign me up :)

1-LadyOtheFarm
2-finnickthedog
3-katashark
4- alohacat319
5 - PBC
6- swiniazycie
7-kam325
8 - ketoone
9 - Trilt
10- hazelmoo
11 - pinkpuppy9
12 - Chordata25