North Texas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Miracles34

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from North Texas for the Counseling Psychology phD program??

Members don't see this ad.

I know people have been extended invites late January and their interviews were the second weekend of Feb. They haven't sent out rejection letters though which is weird.

Has anyone heard from North Texas for the Counseling Psychology phD program??

By looking at the website, I saw that the interview day was Feb. 17th. Sorry for the bummer news....

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks...they finally called back yesterday and said that they were behind....but they could tell me that my application was reviewed and I was not selected :( I am never going to get into grad school!!!

Thanks...they finally called back yesterday and said that they were behind....but they could tell me that my application was reviewed and I was not selected :( I am never going to get into grad school!!!

Hey, you shouldn't feel that bad. I applied to UNT Counseling Program as well as a couple of Texas Ph D programs, fully confident that my application was strong enough to get into those schools. I didn't get into UNT or U of H either, and I am waitlisted in a MA program (the one I thought FOR SURE I was going to get in). This is my first year applying straight out of undergrad and I really had no clue about the competition or how unqualified I really am (I need to get more research experience bc the professor I worked with for a year passed away and had really no one to write me a letter on behalf of my research abilities). I think this forum really helped me realized that a lot of people are applying their second or even third time too, and it's okay. It's really hard to get in this year because a lot of people applied. So keep your head up and think of ways to make your application just a bit better, who knows, we might end up going to UNT next year! :thumbup:

Hey, you shouldn't feel that bad. I applied to UNT Counseling Program as well as a couple of Texas Ph D programs, fully confident that my application was strong enough to get into those schools. I didn't get into UNT or U of H either, and I am waitlisted in a MA program (the one I thought FOR SURE I was going to get in). This is my first year applying straight out of undergrad and I really had no clue about the competition or how unqualified I really am (I need to get more research experience bc the professor I worked with for a year passed away and had really no one to write me a letter on behalf of my research abilities). I think this forum really helped me realized that a lot of people are applying their second or even third time too, and it's okay. It's really hard to get in this year because a lot of people applied. So keep your head up and think of ways to make your application just a bit better, who knows, we might end up going to UNT next year! :thumbup:

Thanks...yea I am coming right from undergrad and I had no one to tell me how many schools to apply to or anything....Hopefully something works out for the both of us!!!:xf: