Northeastern School of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

May08

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to see if anyone applied to Northeastern Graduate-Entry PharmD program for fall 2008?
If you did, have you heard from them? Have you received any interview invitations?
Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Hi:

I'm the same boat you are. I hope to hear something soon. Glad I'm not the only one. Someone from the admissions' office told me they start interviews starting on February.

Members don't see this ad :)
Applied, but have not heard a thing yet.

Sorry to hear that bella, I haven't heard anything from them too. From previous posts, i noticed that they do interview both in person and on the phone which is pretty weird for me but i will take the phone interview if i get an invitation. What do you guys think?

hey, :hello:
I have not heard anything from Northeastern either but I hope to hear from them soon. What is there average acceptance GPA? And how hard is to get into this school? Has anyone had an interview yet?

Hopefully will hear from them soon.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL!:)

I just finished my first semester at northeastern bouve college of pharmacy and i am doing my intern now. Overall the school's program is pretty good but they seem to divide the grads and undergrads students into 2 groups. what i mean is there are certain courses grads students have to take while the undergrads don't have to.....so if your coming in as a grad student you probably have to study more than others...let me know if u have any questions

mingleandy1985: I applied for graduate entry.

I would rather go to MA and introduce my self face to face rather than have the phone interview. I just hope we all get an interview. i called them and they said that we should hear from them by early March.

I just finished my first semester at northeastern bouve college of pharmacy and i am doing my intern now. Overall the school's program is pretty good but they seem to divide the grads and undergrads students into 2 groups. what i mean is there are certain courses grads students have to take while the undergrads don't have to.....so if your coming in as a grad student you probably have to study more than others...let me know if u have any questions

Hey Rxtn,:hello:

How difficult is to get accepted in to Bouve College of Pharmacy? And do you know how many students they accept each year?

Thanks,

Can anyone share their general Stats such as extra-curriculars, volunteer, work experience, major, GPA and so forth.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think Northeastern is such a great program I went and visited before I applied. I had so many questions that I wanted to ask even before I got invited for an official interview. Ask them to tell you more about the opportunities to get involved in the community - they really have a lot going for them.

I submitted my app practically as soon as they started accepting them and just got an update last week. Unfortunately, I couldn't complete one of the pre-requisite courses by the end of this spring semester. Since last summer, it has conflicted with another class I needed to take... every semester. I had to prioritize based on which were the most common pre-reqs and which were unique to certain schools. Needless to say, I think the rejection letter's in the mail. Oh well, it's a really great program and I just had to take a chance that maybe I could complete that last pre-req over the summer.

Just in case you're in the same boat - or considering appying to them for Fall 2009 - good luck! I think they've really set up a "gold-standard" program and think anyone who gets invited will be really happy choosing to go there.

Stats: BA-Psych - 3.21; pharmacy work experience: 3 years (with CPhT); athletic extracurriculars and healthcare-related volunteer work; PCAT Composite: 82.

Hi Guys,

Please post a comment if you hear anything from Northeastern University Graduate-PharmD program. Does anyone know when they hold interviews?

Thanks and good luck,:luck:

Hey Rxtn,:hello:

How difficult is to get accepted in to Bouve College of Pharmacy? And do you know how many students they accept each year?

Thanks,[/quott

last year they accepted 25 students as a grad entry, during the interview they told me that there were almost 200 applicants applying as grad entry for 25 spots. According to Dr.Matthews, they might accept 35 students this year.

I really pray i am one of those 35 applicant to be accepted. I was notified that my application is under review and i just completed a prerequisite form just to confirm my completed courses. I am starting to get really, really, nervous but i think i will get in because i really like NEU. I have been in the environment for too long and i pretty much feel comfortable with the faculties and everyone there.

I really pray i am one of those 35 applicant to be accepted. I was notified that my application is under review and i just completed a prerequisite form just to confirm my completed courses. I am starting to get really, really, nervous but i think i will get in because i really like NEU. I have been in the environment for too long and i pretty much feel comfortable with the faculties and everyone there.

Good luck pharm4sure!

Keep us updated if you get an interview from Northeastern University. I'm hoping that I'll get into this college too. Who knows we could end up being classmates. :)

When did anyone submit their applications for this program?

Also, did you apply online or did you send the paper application?

When did anyone submit their applications for this program?

Also, did you apply online or did you send the paper application?

I applied online in Dec/Jan.

Good luck pharm4sure!

Keep us updated if you get an interview from Northeastern University. I'm hoping that I'll get into this college too. Who knows we could end up being classmates. :)

Hi UNC patel, how did your MCPHS-boston interview go? I hope it went fine...i was wondering if you heard back from them yet. Goodluck on everything.

hey have u applied for international pharmD?
i am also praying to get in....hope we both meet in the same class this year

+pity+I got rejected few days ago!:confused:+pissed+:cry:

UNC patel, really sorry to hear that. What was your stats and do u have BSc already? What were their reasons for rejecting you? I hope u get into somewhere soon.

UNC patel, really sorry to hear that. What was your stats and do u have BSc already? What were their reasons for rejecting you? I hope u get into somewhere soon.

I don't know what their reason was for rejecting me but i think it was b/c i applied late. I should have applied early, like in Aug. Yes, I will have my BS in biology in June from Uni of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and their biology and chem department is top 3 in the nation. Anyway, here are my stats:
Sci/math GPA: 3.48
overall GPA: 3.41
Pre-Pharm GPA: 3.58
with lots and lots of extra curricular activity.

one thing I don't understand is that there average acceptance GPA is 3.4 and my stats are above their average.

I really wanted to go there...but i guess everything happens for a reason. Oh well, on the bright side i still have an interview for MCPHS-Worcester (3 year pharm program/2nd choice) and WVU (1st choice now).

If you get into NU then I'm sure you will enjoy your college career.

The wait is eating me alive. Not that i am being impatient but they told me mid-march. I don't even know what to think or expect anymore. I have no back-up plans after graduation but i just hope they give me an interview chance. Anyone heard from NEU yet? Pls let us know if u got an interview or rejected. Does anyone know how many applicantions they received for this year? someone pls save me!!!

I got a rejection letter last week.

I got a rejection letter last week.

Wow, i'm really sorry to hear that. I wonder why they did that after keeping you waiting for a month. Anyway would you happen to know what their reasons were for rejecting you? I can see you got accepted already for some other school and i'm happy for you. My avg GPA for the three schools i attended is 3.55. could you share your stats if you don't mind?

Wow, i'm really sorry to hear that. I wonder why they did that after keeping you waiting for a month. Anyway would you happen to know what their reasons were for rejecting you? I can see you got accepted already for some other school and i'm happy for you. My avg GPA for the three schools i attended is 3.55. could you share your stats if you don't mind?

3.7 GPA, B.S. Microbiology, don't recall PCAT score off hand

obviously, no one can help here...keep your opinions to yourselves n swallow it.

Northeastern School of Pharmacy is a 0-6 year program. So you can have great stats and not get in. Iono why are guys are applying there to begin with, leave it for us high school students.

But anyway. I got into the Bouve College of Pharmacy (Northeastern), but I did it through their 0-6 year program

Northeastern School of Pharmacy is a 0-6 year program. So you can have great stats and not get in. Iono why are guys are applying there to begin with, leave it for us high school students.

But anyway. I got into the Bouve College of Pharmacy (Northeastern), but I did it through their 0-6 year program

They have a graduate entry program for those of us who already hold a Bachelors degree or beyond. That is why we apply.

Imagine what experience we graduates have over you coming from HS? The maturity and dedication we have. We are definitely more prepared so don't be so complacent about being accepted right from HS because it is nothing. I have heard people got into Pharmacy school from HS with a 2.5 gpa so respect people who are agonizing through the process of graduate admission! That opinion is of no use

Imagine what experience we graduates have over you coming from HS? The maturity and dedication we have. We are definitely more prepared so don't be so complacent about being accepted right from HS because it is nothing. I have heard people got into Pharmacy school from HS with a 2.5 gpa so respect people who are agonizing through the process of graduate admission! That opinion is of no use

No, you didnt. 2.5 GPA is horrible for a high school student who wants to go into Pharmacy. Maybe you heard 3.5, but def. no 2.5. Cause I did the whole orientation thing my friend and the acceptance rate is like 13%, so dont discredit my acceptance.

I respect you guys alot, i was just surprised by the amount of ppl trying to get into a 0-6year program as graduates knowing of the limited availabilty. You have great programs like UNC, UIC, Uni of Michigan, etc. But its w/e.

No, you didnt. 2.5 GPA is horrible for a high school student who wants to go into Pharmacy. Maybe you heard 3.5, but def. no 2.5. Cause I did the whole orientation thing my friend and the acceptance rate is like 13%, so dont discredit my acceptance.

I respect you guys alot, i was just surprised by the amount of ppl trying to get into a 0-6year program as graduates knowing of the limited availabilty. You have great programs like UNC, UIC, Uni of Michigan, etc. But its w/e.

I don't think graduate applicants limit the chances of HS student from getting accepted. We all have different backgrounds and most student like me never went to HS in this country. However, my college stat is a testimony to my ability to kick *** in Pharm school wherever it may be. I took a lot of classes in NEU and i got nothing less than an A- in all of them. As graduate applicant, we get accepted into the professional year(3rd year) and that is something reasonable. All schools do it and as i forsee, NEU will have no choice but to increase its acceptance size for graduate applicant in the nearest future. Sorry if i got all pissed at the statement but we have worked too hard to be here so thats why we get really bitchy like that lol....i wish you good luck in your six years of pharmacy pursuit. It should be fun! i mean it

has anyone else heard from the school yet? It's been over 2 months since their deadline and still no word. Should I contact the school?

DesiRX I haven't heard anything yet since I submitted my application which is why I am getting worried. When did you get an interview invite? How did it go? Good job on getting this far!

I just received my acceptance letter this week, this is the school i have been dreaming about. I can't wait to start the program.

I just received my acceptance letter this week, this is the school i have been dreaming about. I can't wait to start the program.

^ Hey congrats, I got in too. However, I'm still undecided about whether to goto NEU or MCP-Worcester :confused:.

Wow awesome congrats jajanbureh and PharmDnewb...I'm really nervous on hearing back. I am going to cry and be upset for days if I don't get in b/c this is my only hope. I applied to a few other schools but I didn't hear anything back from them. And its pretty apparent that if you don't hear back by March then a rejection letter is on its way ...
Starsmich..I think I got an interview email in the first week of march. As far as I know, they are still interviewing people right now..

Those of you who got accepted can you please share your stats with us?

When did you submit your application? Also, did you complete ALL your prerequisites before applying?

Thanks so much!

Are you going as an undergraduate or graduate student?

Hey, I got accepted as a graduate, still haven't decided about MCP-W or NEU.

My stats: 3.5 at Brandeis U (BS in biology); about 1 year pharm tech experience; 3 years certified EMT-B; 2 years lab assistant work

Submitted my application early January. All of my pre-reqs were done except for anatomy (class was filled up). Dr. Matthews waived the anatomy class for me because my physiology class was in-depth enough.

Let me share my own statistic:
Accepted as a graduate student.
3.52 Undergraduate (B.S in Biology)
3.8 graduate (M.S in Biology), however, i will be completing my graduate courses in the summer.

2 years Pharmacy Tech experience, lots of service learning hours. I am also working on my Master thesis.
I wish you a good luck.

Wow those are some awesome stats..here are mine. Again, I had an interview on March 26th and I am still waiting to hear back...how long did it take for you to hear back...for those of you who were interviewed.

Undergrad gpa: 3.51 (B.S. in Biochemistry)
Grad gpa: 3.96 (M.S. in Chemistry)

Worked/still working as a CPhT for 4 years, 1 year of lab experience, many service learning/volunteer hours.

Just got my acceptance from Northeastern today. I am soooo sooo sooo glad. Since this is the only school I've heard back from so far, I think this is where I will be come Fall 08. I can't wait :oops:).