Northeastern University Counseling PhD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jon4PsyD

Go Red Sox
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about this program and have any opinions on it? Considering it after my M.A., thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Very exciting!

Last edited:
Although I have not attended Northeastern- I will start their masters program this fall. The professors I have been in contact with, met with, interviewed with have all been extremely outgoing and helpful. Perhaps you have simply attempted contact with a bad seed? I have been closely in contact with 2 professors who have been just fantastic and a woman in the admissions department that is extremely friendly as well. PM me if you want anymore info!

Members don't see this ad :)
I recently finished undergrad at Northeastern, so if you have any general questions about the campus, city, or school itself I will do my best.

I don't know too much about the counseling phd program, except that I had two undergrad classes taught by students of that program. Both courses were actually very well taught and the instructors (students) impressed me with their knowledge and professionalism (moreso than several professors I had previously encountered!).

I got into the Counseling PhD program as well (I'd be in the direct admit program though), so i cant help you as far as my personal experiences at NU, but we could be potential classmates! Have you talked with current students at all? I found a couple of their emails on the website, so far one girl has been really helpful. What I like about the program is the ecological model and the multicultural research...but what i'm worried about, is when I emailed the profs, they weren't as helpful as you'd think. I also applied to some PsyD programs, and my experiences with those profs and students are that they all are extremely approachable, helpful, down to earth, etc. So that's where I'm torn about where to attend.

Have you come to a decision or are you at liberty to discuss whether you will attend NEU or one of the PsyD programs? Thanks. I'm in a similar situation.

Have you come to a decision or are you at liberty to discuss whether you will attend NEU or one of the PsyD programs? Thanks. I'm in a similar situation.

still thinking about!

Last edited: