Northern Illinois University DPT Class of 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kayhoho

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I just got invited for an interview at NIU on November 10th. Does anyone know what the interview process is like (ie: structure of the interview, the questions asked, etc.)

Any help and/or information would be greatly appreciated! :)

Sent from my Pixel XL using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

also have you heard back from them yet about being accepted or rejected?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I was wondering if you have heard anything back from NIU regarding acceptance or if you knew when they will be sending acceptances out? Thanks! How did you feel your interview went?

I have not heard back eat. I asked someone who goes there currently and they said they heard back after a month or two and I did pretty good. I had one question that was ridiculously hard and answered as best as I could. What about you?

I have not heard back eat. I asked someone who goes there currently and they said they heard back after a month or two and I did pretty good. I had one question that was ridiculously hard and answered as best as I could. What about you?
I think it went pretty well overall. I heard they accept mainly students that went to NIU for undergrad so my chances may not be too great. Best of luck to you!

I don’t know how true that is. The person I talked to went to Benedictine University not northern and he got in. He said it depends on your general interest in the school and your credentials.

I don’t know how true that is. The person I talked to went to Benedictine University not northern and he got in. He said it depends on your general interest in the school and your credentials.
Good to know.
Was NIU your first interview?

yea it was. I got waitlisted at Bradley university. I haven't heard from Rosalind or Midwestern about being rejected, interviewed, or accepted. What about you?

yea it was. I got waitlisted at Bradley university. I haven't heard from Rosalind or Midwestern about being rejected, interviewed, or accepted. What about you?

I have heard Bradley is very hard to get in to because of their small class size. I interviewed at Midwestern in October and was accepted in November.

This waiting game from NIU is killing me. Any word on when acceptances may be going out?

I have heard Bradley is very hard to get in to because of their small class size. I interviewed at Midwestern in October and was accepted in November.

This waiting game from NIU is killing me. Any word on when acceptances may be going out?
Not sure. If you got accepted into midwestern why are you waiting for niu?

Not sure. If you got accepted into midwestern why are you waiting for niu?

NIU is my top choice. Midwestern is a great school but I’m not sure it’s worth the price of tuition there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back from NIU on admissions decision?

Has anyone heard back from NIU on admissions decision?

During the tour after the interview I heard a few current students say they heard back before Christmas and some heard back in January.

Haven’t heard anything yet. Did they tell you during your interview when they would get back with you?

I called and they said they are waiting for final grades and will send out emails beginning of January.

Got an acceptance letter (e-mail) today!!! STOKED :D

I called and they said they are waiting for final grades and will send out emails beginning of January.

Looks like they sent out some acceptances already.. not sure why the faculty would hide that?

I’m not sure... but congratulations!! That’s awesome

I talked to the person who answered the phones for their dpt program

Hi everyone, sorry for late response. I was at the November 10th interview. Got the acceptance letter last week.
Do you plan on attending NIU? What date do you have to notify them of your decision?

Do you plan on attending NIU? What date do you have to notify them of your decision?

Absolutely! They gave me until Jan 20th to accept. Good luck everyone!

Also, at the interview they said they will let people know between mid December to mid January. Still some time!

Last edited:

Also, at the interview they said they will let people know between mid December to mid January. Still some time!

Congrats again! Thanks for letting me know.

Do you know how full the class is already?

Not to be cliche on the message boards, but do you mind sharing your stats?

Why does it seem like only one person heard back

I’m sure more people received acceptances, they just probably don’t check these forums. I wonder when the staff comes back from winter break?

I’m sure more people received acceptances, they just probably don’t check these forums. I wonder when the staff comes back from winter break?
Ya I guess but over a 1000 people have viewed this forum

Did they give you a time frame during your interview?

One student said that he heard back within a couple weeks of his interview and another person said she didn't hear back until end of January/early February.

One student said that he heard back within a couple weeks of his interview and another person said she didn't hear back until end of January/early February.
That seems very odd, but alright. Thanks!