"Northerners" Attending NOVA-Do you enjoy the Florida weather?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roger2004

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
After 4 months of grey skies and snow, a warm climate sounds heavenly! It would be nice to retire my snowscraper!!!
DO YOU THINK THE CLIMATE IMPACTS IN ANY WAY (positve or negative) on YOUR medical school experience? Is it more pleasant in terms of academic demands, mental attitude or recreational/social options?
Do any of you have time or an interest in going to those beautiful beaches or finding time for a some outside basketball or volleyball?
WHAT'S A TYPICAL WEEK LIKE AT NOVA FOR STUDENTS IN FEBRUARY?
WAS THE CLIMATE A FACTOR AT ALL IN YOUR DECISION TO ATTEND NOVA?
Would be interested in hearing from students who originally hail from the northeast or anyone else for that matter. Thanks

------------------

rog

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a second year student at NOVA from New Jersey ( don't hold that against me). I love the weather down here, but I chose the school based on it's facilities. I'm very happy with my medical education so far. Unfortunately, I haven't been to the beach in a while with the boards coming up. Good luck!

ZDOC
thanks for the reply - to both of my posts. I appreciate it. By the way, did you happen to look at the email I sent you off the network? I sent one to you earlier today and one just now regarding similar issues? If you can, please email off the SDN.
Lastly, do you know yet where you will be rotating next year?
Congrats on being a MS2 at NOVA and Good Luck.

------------------

rog

Any other students originally hailing from the NJ/NY/PA area now attending NOVA who might care to comment on my post? All other things being relatively equal, DID THAT BEAUTIFUL FLORIDA CLIMATE in GORGEOUS FORT LAUDERDALE influence your decision to attend NOVA at all? Be as honest as you can please!
In addition to attending a great school, it also seems like an opportunity for someone who has lived in the Northeast all their life, to experience a very different part of the country for a time. Any comments or am I completely off base here?

------------------

rog