1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

northwester: my due date is next monday...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by trying2becomeMD, Sep 5, 2001.

1. trying2becomeMD

trying2becomeMD Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

but I haven't mailed my secondary out to them yet...letters have been sent though...

Has anyone asked the admission office about getting an extension? I know loyola said they grant 2 weeks of grace period.

If anyone is in the same situation, I'd like to know. I'm in CA, and even if I send the application tomorrow, I don't know if my app will get there on time.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. 6 to 8 Weeks

6 to 8 Weeks Member
    7+ Year Member

Perhaps they will accept your secondary since it is postmarked before the deadline. In any event, you should call them and ask because I doubt they are THAT strict with these deadlines. If they are evil, they could use the deadline to rid themselves of some slothful applicants, but they probably use it to get applicants to submit their secondaries in a timely fashion.

4. md2be06

md2be06 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Send it via Express Mail, guaranteed next day delivery to most locations. Kinda expensive though, over $12, but it's very reliable.

5. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

And if it's delivered a minute later than promised, you get your money back!

6. ssd

ssd Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

they gave me an extension last year without any hassle. just call them.

7. neecie

neecie Member
    7+ Year Member

My due date is also this Monday, but I've had problems getting my recs out. I called this morning and they granted me an extension. Very nice people over there.

By the way, I spoke to an AMCAS person this morning as well about why my application, which has been complete since 7/5 hasn't been touched. Latest quote:

"It's been busy over here. It's like someone just throws all the applications in the air, and whichever one comes down, we verify. I would give yours another week or two."

Comforting, huh? ;)

8. Legend

Legend Super Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    My due date is tomorrow so I sent my stuff on the 4th via priority with delivery confirmation. I just checked the status and it was delivered to Chicago this morning.