Northwestern and Aug MCAT

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by siempre595, Nov 5, 2002.

1. siempre595

August MCAT'ers....any word from Northwestern at all? I"m still "under consideration" they say.....anyone??

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lola

lola Bovine Member

me too, but my mcat score isn't so hot so i'm not expecting an interview.

4. Bigguns

Bigguns Junior Member

I too took the August MCAT's and am still waitihg to hear from Northwestern. I called them two days ago, and my appllication is still "under preliminary reveiw." The lady was very nice who helped me and said that I should hear from them in the next few days.

5. snowballz

snowballz Senior Member

I'm considering applying to Northwestern....can anyone interviewed/accepted give their numbers?

Thanks.

Alicia

6. zer0el

zer0el Sports Junkie

here's some info that might help you guys out (this is my experience with northwestern).

Received AMCAS: 7/19/02
    Application Complete: 8/26/02
    Interview Invitation: 9/26/02

to the girl who asked about stats, i have a 3.63, 34S. i did not take the august MCAT, so i can't help you guys there.

7. Indy

Indy Member

I submitted AMCAS on July 8 (2002) and took MCAT last August (2001). Still haven't heard anything from NWU, and every time I call they tell me my app is under preliminary review, and that they prescreen. Everybody else I know got a secondary from NWU, even people who submitted AMCAS over a month after me. I've heard they're very slow, but I still don't understand why they wouldn't screen primary apps in the order they were received.

8. SunnyS81

SunnyS81 Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    my application has been complete since august 23 (w/ mCAT scores), and I am "still being considered" or whatever other term they use. Strange............but I hear they are REALLY slow.

9. SouthernGirl

SouthernGirl Senior Member

Wish I had something positive to contribute to this thread, but they rejected me before even waiting to see my August scores :mad: :rolleyes: