Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Northwestern and Aug MCAT

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by siempre595, Nov 5, 2002.

1. siempre595

7+ Year Member

August MCAT'ers....any word from Northwestern at all? I"m still "under consideration" they say.....anyone??

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

me too, but my mcat score isn't so hot so i'm not expecting an interview.

4. Bigguns

Bigguns Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

I too took the August MCAT's and am still waitihg to hear from Northwestern. I called them two days ago, and my appllication is still "under preliminary reveiw." The lady was very nice who helped me and said that I should hear from them in the next few days.

5. snowballz

snowballz Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm considering applying to Northwestern....can anyone interviewed/accepted give their numbers?

Thanks.

Alicia

6. zer0el

zer0el Sports Junkie
    7+ Year Member

here's some info that might help you guys out (this is my experience with northwestern).

Received AMCAS: 7/19/02
    Application Complete: 8/26/02
    Interview Invitation: 9/26/02

to the girl who asked about stats, i have a 3.63, 34S. i did not take the august MCAT, so i can't help you guys there.

7. Indy

Indy Member
    7+ Year Member

I submitted AMCAS on July 8 (2002) and took MCAT last August (2001). Still haven't heard anything from NWU, and every time I call they tell me my app is under preliminary review, and that they prescreen. Everybody else I know got a secondary from NWU, even people who submitted AMCAS over a month after me. I've heard they're very slow, but I still don't understand why they wouldn't screen primary apps in the order they were received.

8. SunnyS81

SunnyS81 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    my application has been complete since august 23 (w/ mCAT scores), and I am "still being considered" or whatever other term they use. Strange............but I hear they are REALLY slow.

9. SouthernGirl

SouthernGirl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Wish I had something positive to contribute to this thread, but they rejected me before even waiting to see my August scores :mad: :rolleyes: