Northwestern and Aug MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

siempre595

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
August MCAT'ers....any word from Northwestern at all? I"m still "under consideration" they say.....anyone??

Members don't see this ad.

me too, but my mcat score isn't so hot so i'm not expecting an interview.

I too took the August MCAT's and am still waitihg to hear from Northwestern. I called them two days ago, and my appllication is still "under preliminary reveiw." The lady was very nice who helped me and said that I should hear from them in the next few days.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm considering applying to Northwestern....can anyone interviewed/accepted give their numbers?

Thanks.

Alicia

here's some info that might help you guys out (this is my experience with northwestern).

Received AMCAS: 7/19/02
Application Complete: 8/26/02
Interview Invitation: 9/26/02

to the girl who asked about stats, i have a 3.63, 34S. i did not take the august MCAT, so i can't help you guys there.

I submitted AMCAS on July 8 (2002) and took MCAT last August (2001). Still haven't heard anything from NWU, and every time I call they tell me my app is under preliminary review, and that they prescreen. Everybody else I know got a secondary from NWU, even people who submitted AMCAS over a month after me. I've heard they're very slow, but I still don't understand why they wouldn't screen primary apps in the order they were received.

Originally posted by siempre595
August MCAT'ers....any word from Northwestern at all? I"m still "under consideration" they say.....anyone??

my application has been complete since august 23 (w/ mCAT scores), and I am "still being considered" or whatever other term they use. Strange............but I hear they are REALLY slow.

Wish I had something positive to contribute to this thread, but they rejected me before even waiting to see my August scores :mad: :rolleyes: