Northwestern applicants...check your status page

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
pnasty said:
I think an outright acceptance may be out of our forthcoming reach, but I am going to wait until I get my letter.
Agreed. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

pnasty said:
I think an outright acceptance may be out of our forthcoming reach, but I am going to wait until I get my letter.

so what are the odds of all this mess being cleared up by tomorrow? If we call can they confirm FOR SURE whether or not we have been accepted - or can I just assume that the 'congrats' web page was evidence enough and finally sleep on this?

cubs08 said:
so what are the odds of all this mess being cleared up by tomorrow? If we call can they confirm FOR SURE whether or not we have been accepted - or can I just assume that the 'congrats' web page was evidence enough and finally sleep on this?

i'm almost positive that if you saw your page at any time say congrats you are set....leave the worrying to those who saw the pending become a forthcoming. i know you guys must be nervous, but like they said it was just a tech glitch

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, if you saw a "congratulation!" page at some point, I'm sure you're fine. Congrats!

No congrats, just forthcoming...that's ok, im coming away from the experience with a squishy grip pen and a kick-ass coffee mug :thumbup:

titoincali said:
Mine says I've been accepted!!
mine says
Your Supplemental Application and application fee were received August 12, 2005.
All letters of recommendation were received August 18, 2005.

Your application is complete and still under review. This information is updated daily. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

cubs08 said:

DUDE, why do you have to be so neurotic? Can't you wait a few days to get the letter in the mail? NU messed up with their computer system, but you don't have to literally go crazy.

Just relax and open your letter with excitment on Mon or Tue, and then be happy!

Cubs,

check your status page again. Mine changed back to the Congrats page.

-pretty

mine did too.
The letter from Dean Brown is linked to the congrats on the status page.

what a relief.

Josh1105 said:
mine did too.
The letter from Dean Brown is linked to the congrats on the status page.

what a relief.

Where is the link? I guess I just glazed over it...

prettymd05 said:
Where is the link? I guess I just glazed over it...

Never mind...found it.

definitely still..."a final decision is forthcoming." looking forward to that rejection via snail mail! woot!

prettymd05 said:
Cubs,

check your status page again. Mine changed back to the Congrats page.

-pretty

I just checked...I got in!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
lazygunner said:
No congrats, just forthcoming...that's ok, im coming away from the experience with a squishy grip pen and a kick-ass coffee mug :thumbup:
I'm hoping for more than that. :(

there seems to be a very high forthcoming:congratulations ratio though.....MDApps doesn't show a whole lot of acceptances either. I'm just hoping I don't get a "sorry" in the mail.

My status page history:

Thursday: Congratulations
Friday: Forthcoming
Saturday/Sunday: Forthcoming
Monday: Congratulations. (Congratulations page now has a link to a letter from Dean)

Hope this helps others figure out their status. Good luck.

My theory is that forthcoming means waitlist, and for those who are still pending (like me) it's a rejection because Northwestern doesn't even feel that we are worthy of a status page update. :rolleyes:

what a relief - mine changed back also. i was slight neurotic because i thought someone had kidnapped my baby - congrats peeps - we should get a class thread going soon. i'm keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of you guys.

amand0r said:
My theory is that forthcoming means waitlist, and for those who are still pending (like me) it's a rejection because Northwestern doesn't even feel that we are worthy of a status page update. :rolleyes:

So my page hasn't been updated either. Still pending. I'm just sitting here wondering what awful thing I might have done so that I wasn't even good enough for a waitlist.
I'm going out of town so I'm not going to be here to get my letter, whenever it decides to come. So its gonna be wonderful to get someone to read that rejection to me. And also I'm deprived of the sweet pleasure of trashing the mother. great.

bobito said:
So my page hasn't been updated either. Still pending. I'm just sitting here wondering what awful thing I might have done so that I wasn't even good enough for a waitlist.
I'm going out of town so I'm not going to be here to get my letter, whenever it decides to come. So its gonna be wonderful to get someone to read that rejection to me. And also I'm deprived of the sweet pleasure of trashing the mother. great.

same here. pending since my interview. i thought it had gone well.... better than the 2 other people in my panel definitely. and i am leaving town saturday for 2 weeks. i better not also be getting a columbia rejection while gone.

isobel said:
same here. pending since my interview. i thought it had gone well.... better than the 2 other people in my panel definitely. and i am leaving town saturday for 2 weeks. i better not also be getting a columbia rejection while gone.
you never know though - they each might have had five more points on the MCAT. I'm not sure how important the interview is for NU.

My one-on-one faculty interview said they're basically just checking to see that you're not a social leper before considering you for a PBL-based school. :laugh:
TheProwler said:
you never know though - they each might have had five more points on the MCAT. I'm not sure how important the interview is for NU.

TheProwler said:

well, i think the only reason i got an interview at NU in the first place is because no one this year or for the past few years (i think) has scored 5 points higher than my score. my undergrad on the other hand, was pretty weak. post bac seems to have made up for it.

but no, really, the other 2 were pretty bad. but you know what, i think we did horribly on the group question. i had kinda forgotten about that one. argh.

i was holding out hope of an acceptance, but im still forthcoming! will probably get my letter tuesday since im in a suburb of chicago, so we can put all this madness to rest

Well, I'm only 90 minutes north of NU, so I hope I get the letter today or tomorrow.

Well its official, I didnt get accepted--my status JUST changed from "pending" to "forthcoming"

y yo tambien... oh, the sting of rejection

keg said:
y yo tambien... oh, the sting of rejection

could be a waitlist, tho you have already gotten in some great schools

woooooo wooooooooo feinburg class of 2010 :p ;)

im thrilled, where are you guys planning on living? is there on campus housing?

112 said:
woooooo wooooooooo feinburg class of 2010 :p ;)

im thrilled, where are you guys planning on living? is there on campus housing?

There is no campus housing. Many students live in a group of high rise apartment buildings a couple blocks south of the campus.

If you go to Second Look Weekend you'll be able to find out more about housing options in Streeterville (the immediate area near the school) and other Chicago neighborhoods.

Well, I got waitlisted. It feels much nicer than a rejection, that's for sure. I'm just not sure where to go from here. I'm going to have a wife who needs to find a job, and she needs to start looking right about.....now. I don't know if I should tell her to look in Milwaukee or in Chicago.

The letter says they encourage letters of update. I sent one right around Christmas, but I'll be sending another one. Is the waitlist ranked? Or is the most enthusiastic applicant going to get in? When can I find out where I stand? I'd be passing up on a few good schools to go to NU, but I'd drop those like a rock to get into NU.

What about second look? I'd like to go if that's where I'll be going....

Hey update on northwestern status.

Hello justskipee!.

Thank you for your application to the Feinberg School of Medicine. There has been a final decision on your application. A letter has recently been mailed to you that you should receive no later than February 20, 2006. Please email us at [email protected] if you do not receive your letter by this date.

Looks like they are doing some housekeeping. Rejection coming.

Duckers.

TheProwler said:
Well, I got waitlisted. It feels much nicer than a rejection, that's for sure. I'm just not sure where to go from here. I'm going to have a wife who needs to find a job, and she needs to start looking right about.....now. I don't know if I should tell her to look in Milwaukee or in Chicago.

The letter says they encourage letters of update. I sent one right around Christmas, but I'll be sending another one. Is the waitlist ranked? Or is the most enthusiastic applicant going to get in? When can I find out where I stand? I'd be passing up on a few good schools to go to NU, but I'd drop those like a rock to get into NU.

Hey, so did your status go from pending to forthcoming too?

keedz said:
Hey, so did your status go from pending to forthcoming too?
yes, it said "forthcoming"

doesn't seem like they're handing out a very big waitlist though

TheProwler said:

Milwaukee and Chicago are about an hour apart. It is possible to live half way between or to commute from one to the other. (Not much different than commuting into NYC.) Depending on the kind of work she does, she could also get a job half-way between and whether she comutes from Milwaukee or Chicago it would be about the same.

TheProwler said:
Well, I got waitlisted. It feels much nicer than a rejection, that's for sure. I'm just not sure where to go from here...

Me too -- just got the letter today (though dated 2/9?). Are people on the alternate list invited to 2nd look? That seems strange to me, but let me know if you find out. Good luck!

did anyone else's WL letter come in an umarked envelope with no return address? i almost threw mine out :-O but then i saw the zip code. good thing i have a good memory for numbers.

oneaat said:
did anyone else's WL letter come in an umarked envelope with no return address? i almost threw mine out :-O but then i saw the zip code. good thing i have a good memory for numbers.
yeah, my mom was like "You have a letter from 60611....."

Hey guys!

I was waitlisted too (Ma just received the letter yesterday), and I will be withdrawing. SO...hopefully that can maybe bump up somebody! Good luck! :luck:

people who are waitlisted are not invited to second look weekend. Its for the people who got accepted to try to decide if they really want to go there or not.

oneaat said:
Not only was my unmarked, it was unsealed! :eek: I guess the mailman knows I was waitlisted! :laugh:

does anyone know anything about the NU waitlist? ie how many people they waitlist and how much movement it has

wildcat05 said:
does anyone know anything about the NU waitlist? ie how many people they waitlist and how much movement it has
As I understand, they have a priority waitlist and a general waitlist, but I don't know if they'll tell you which list you're on. From what I've heard, they often take about 50 people/year from the waitlist. As you can imagine, that number has some leeway to it. If all their acceptances are given to people who are headed elsewhere, the waitlist could surge.

TheProwler said:
As I understand, they have a priority waitlist and a general waitlist, but I don't know if they'll tell you which list you're on. From what I've heard, they often take about 50 people/year from the waitlist. As you can imagine, that number has some leeway to it. If all their acceptances are given to people who are headed elsewhere, the waitlist could surge.

Where have you heard that there is a priority wait list? Do you know if you are on it? Will they tell you?

Oh, Yes! I got waitlisted too. I'm so happy that it's not a rejection that I literally ran back home after getting my mail. Thank you all for posting during this crazy wait. You have definitely helped to keep me sane.

Any word on the official number of waitlists?

Have you had luck finding out how high in the waitlist you rank from the Admissions Office? If so, how specific is the answer?

"Final decision" is in the mial, but I haven't even interviewed yet. I guess that means I'm getting a rejection. Hopefully it comes in today, so I can wash that sour taste out of my mouth tonight.

I got waitlisted too. At least it's not a rejection, so there's hope :rolleyes: . Oh well I'll hope for the best. Good luck to everyone!!!

Rgroov3 said:
Where have you heard that there is a priority wait list? Do you know if you are on it? Will they tell you?
I heard it from a solid source. I'm not sure if you can find out where you are on the list though.