Northwestern... Delayed decisions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

BucsFan813

Is Northwestern one of the schools that delays all rejections until March?? I couldn't get a clear answer via email...

I've been complete for 5 weeks and I'm still under review... I've thought about calling to withdraw because I've received other interviews, but since I've waited this long, I feel like I should at least get a response...

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Is Northwestern one of the schools that delays all rejections until March?? I couldn't get a clear answer via email...

I've been complete for 5 weeks and I'm still under review... I've thought about calling to withdraw because I've received other interviews, but since I've waited this long, I feel like I should at least get a response...

Thanks
I think that their decisions are twice in the cycle, the first end Nov and the second end Feb. Not sure whether it is for both acceptances and rejections.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't see any reason to withdraw the application. If you're still interested, might as well not worry about it at all, if anything. You've paid the money, written the essays, so just wait.:rolleyes:

I have been complete for just as long. I wouldn't worry if you have other interviews. Don't withdraw yet.

ive been complete since mid aug, and they requested a interview by email last week

they hand out a few acceptances just before Thanksgiving, but most news isn't until Valentine's.

I recently interviewed there (please see the medical school interviews under the feedback link above), and from what I gathered, this is the way they conduct business WRT acceptances / rejections:

- A small number of people will receive notification of an acceptance offer near the end of November.

- For the rest of the people, if you have not yet received a rejection letter from them, you are still being held for consideration.

- The rest of the acceptance notifications will be sent out in February, with the individuals not accepted or rejected at that time being placed on the waitlist. They highly encourage maintaining an open dialogue with them if you are seriously interested in attending Northwestern. We were told to continue to bother them if we are on the waitlist, and have not heard anything after May 15th. They move the waitlist based on a demonstrated interest in attending the school...not based on a rank within the waitlist.

Hope this helps. Feel free to PM me with any questions you may have after reviewing the feedback I left. I was thoroughly impressed with the school, the facilities, and more importantly, the people (both students and faculty).

They move the waitlist based on a demonstrated interest in attending the school...not based on a rank within the waitlist.
Kind of. I expressed a relentless interest, and everyone on SDN on the waitlist except me got in.....

Kind of. I expressed a relentless interest, and everyone on SDN on the waitlist except me got in.....

Yeah. I recall your experience. I was pulling for you. I'm just passing on what we were told during our orientation, for what it's worth.

kind of off the subject but where is this scholl located?