Northwestern Family Med Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted496343

Hey everyone,

I personally matched in MedPeds but I have a good friend who is VERY interested in Family Medicine and she is looking to stay in Chicago but prefers going to an academic institution. She was interested in Northwestern's program.

I have found nothing for her on these forums that speak to Northwestern's new program that started a couple years ago. Their website also is not too informative.

Can anyone speak to Northwestern's residency, its strengths and weaknesses.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I went to medical school in Chicago and received an interview at northwestern, but ended up not going. All I've heard about the program is it is VERY helpful to know Spanish (over 75% of the patients are primarily spanish speaking). Also I heard right when the program started they received some resistance at the main hospital (Norwegian) and some of the attendings were not very helpful to the residents. This definitely might have changed though in the last year or so and is not based on any personal experience.