northwestern financial aid packet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AtYourCervix

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all...has anyone gotten their financial aid offer from nums yet?? i got mine on friday and was shocked to see that they expect my parents to contribute $30,000 when they bring in under $100,000 a year between the two of them. i feel like thats totally ridiculous.

anyone else shocked at how much northwestern expects your parents to contribute?

dukegirlie :wink:

Members don't see this ad.

Yea ditto that here, my mom's "expected contribution" is more than her salary...
Oh well, I guess it comes with the territory for the debt-capping program (even though I probably won't qualify); at least they have the joint loans to cover it all.

I think the expected parent contribution is high because NUMS classifies 1st years as dependent. I think we are independent for m2-m4, so the expected contribution should go down to zero for those years (I hope). Is it true that the debt capping program is ending? Someone mentioned that during the 2nd look weekend. I was surprised we get 3,000 for a computer, seems like a lot to me.