Northwestern Interview Problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kodos02

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

does anyone know if a bad interview with the dean at Northwestern could be counteracted by a good interview by the panel? I just had an interview at NW and I'm pretty sure I flubbed the talk with the dean but my panel went pretty good. Also, on a related note, if there are 2 interviews will the adcomm focus more on the aspects a good interview or the aspects of a bad one? Thanks a bunch and have a wonderful holiday season.

Members don't see this ad.

i had a bad interview with the dean, in my opinion. and i think that's what kept me out. of course, it was only a bad interview because she asked for my fall grades (last year), and i was caught off guard by it...the grades sucked, and there went my 800 dollar trip. i'm sure yours was better than that.

the deans interview is mostly for your questions and any concerns they have specific to your file. it is much less important than the panel. don't lose hope. did you meet with dean brown or diann? my interview with diann was way awkward, but i still feel like my chances are good at NW.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, folks, what made the interviews with the dean bad?

For me it seemed like there was too much "quiet" time in our little talk. I sort of froze when she asked if I had any questions. And it seemed like I didn't really connect with her (Dean Brown).

I agree w/ Alice. I got the impression that the interview with the dean was just for further information FOR YOU about the school. I definitely think it's less important, so stay optimistic. :)

I agree w/ Alice. I got the impression that the interview with the dean was just for further information FOR YOU about the school. I definitely think it's less important, so stay optimistic. :)