Northwestern Logging In

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

southpaux

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble logging in to their secure website?

Members don't see this ad.

southpaux said:
Anyone else having trouble logging in to their secure website?

There's no real easy way to say this...

There have been reports (search for forum posts from ~Oct 2004 with subjects of status page or login page and Northwestern) that this is the prelude to a letter in the mail saying that your file has been closed. Posters said that it ranged between a few days and a week or two after they couldn't log in to when they received the letter.

There is only one particular error message that this applies to though:

" Sorry, incorrect AAMC ID number and last name combination, or you are not approved to enter this site."

anything other than this could be a real glitch. :/

sorry :(

Members don't see this ad :)
XoQo said:

There have been reports (search for forum posts from ~Oct 2004 with subjects of status page or login page and Northwestern) that this is the prelude to a letter in the mail saying that your file has been closed. Posters said that it ranged between a few days and a week or two after they couldn't log in to when they received the letter.

There is only one particular error message that this applies to though:

" Sorry, incorrect AAMC ID number and last name combination, or you are not approved to enter this site."

anything other than this could be a real glitch. :/

sorry :(

People who've already been rejected can still log in to the status page. I'm sure the OP is just experiencing some glitch. I think it's funny that there's all this NW status page drama...a letter should arrive in the mail if you're invited for an interview, so it's not necessary to keep checking the page.

XoQo said:

:laugh: way to fan the flames of paranoia! :laugh:

I was able to log in when I just tried...

amandil said:
:laugh: way to fan the flames of paranoia! :laugh:

This..."status page" effect is a matter of them closing the file and printing the letter to be mailed.

Go search SDN posts from Oct 2004 and Dec 2004 (there were two sep ones i think)...this is real. Trace the user's subsequent posts (there was an evelyn or something that posted about this)-- they got letters in the mail a few week later. Sometimes you have to search in other threads to confirm.

Any *other* error message doesn't count though.

I think it's ******ed. I mean, is it really that hard to keep a user's login active a little longer (i.e. after the length of time where the letter would reasonably be received??). I find it plain rude. But oh well...everyone's at the mercy of the adcoms :/

:thumbdown: Northwestern. They stress me out. I don't even care if I get an interview or not at this point. I just need to KNOW. I hate the lack of control. :thumbdown:

Ok, who rushed to log into the NW website upon reading this thread?
I know I did...and phew never thought I'd be glad to still see that same obnoxious msg in a new yellow box. heheehe :p

XoQo said:
This..."status page" effect is a matter of them closing the file and printing the letter to be mailed.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I don't believe you! I was just imagining thousands of SDNers rushing to check their status page as a result :rolleyes: Seems people are particularly passionate about NU lately, considering the number of threads about the NU status page.

argonana said:
People who've already been rejected can still log in to the status page. I'm sure the OP is just experiencing some glitch. I think it's funny that there's all this NW status page drama...a letter should arrive in the mail if you're invited for an interview, so it's not necessary to keep checking the page.

actually, i think they might have finally kicked the rejected people out of the system...i got my rejection letter back at the end of november, and for the last two days, if i try to log into their status page, i get the following
Sorry, incorrect AAMC ID number and last name combination, or you are not approved to enter this site.
i was actually just checking it because i found it funny that they DIDN'T kick us out of the system after rejection...but it looks like they have now.

For those who are having trouble accessing the status page: Does the site only go down for a short time and come back up again (I remember it doing this for some people a couple weeks ago) or is it down for good?