1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Northwestern Logging In

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by southpaux, Dec 14, 2005.

1. southpaux

southpaux Member
    7+ Year Member

Anyone else having trouble logging in to their secure website?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MollyMalone

MollyMalone I'm a Score Quadruplet
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

I logged in just fine about half an hour ago.

4. XoQo

XoQo PGY1 Retractor
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    There's no real easy way to say this...

There have been reports (search for forum posts from ~Oct 2004 with subjects of status page or login page and Northwestern) that this is the prelude to a letter in the mail saying that your file has been closed. Posters said that it ranged between a few days and a week or two after they couldn't log in to when they received the letter.

There is only one particular error message that this applies to though:

" Sorry, incorrect AAMC ID number and last name combination, or you are not approved to enter this site."

anything other than this could be a real glitch. :/

sorry :(

5. argonana

argonana SDN Donor
    10+ Year Member

People who've already been rejected can still log in to the status page. I'm sure the OP is just experiencing some glitch. I think it's funny that there's all this NW status page drama...a letter should arrive in the mail if you're invited for an interview, so it's not necessary to keep checking the page.

6. amandil

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    :laugh: way to fan the flames of paranoia! :laugh:

I was able to log in when I just tried...

7. XoQo

XoQo PGY1 Retractor
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]

This..."status page" effect is a matter of them closing the file and printing the letter to be mailed.

Go search SDN posts from Oct 2004 and Dec 2004 (there were two sep ones i think)...this is real. Trace the user's subsequent posts (there was an evelyn or something that posted about this)-- they got letters in the mail a few week later. Sometimes you have to search in other threads to confirm.

Any *other* error message doesn't count though.

I think it's ******ed. I mean, is it really that hard to keep a user's login active a little longer (i.e. after the length of time where the letter would reasonably be received??). I find it plain rude. But oh well...everyone's at the mercy of the adcoms :/

8. DNM503

DNM503 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

:thumbdown: Northwestern. They stress me out. I don't even care if I get an interview or not at this point. I just need to KNOW. I hate the lack of control. :thumbdown:

9. BlinkyCat

BlinkyCat Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Ok, who rushed to log into the NW website upon reading this thread?
    I know I did...and phew never thought I'd be glad to still see that same obnoxious msg in a new yellow box. heheehe :p

10. amandil

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I don't believe you! I was just imagining thousands of SDNers rushing to check their status page as a result :rolleyes: Seems people are particularly passionate about NU lately, considering the number of threads about the NU status page.

11. jbrice1639

jbrice1639 Cub Fan, Bud Man
    5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    actually, i think they might have finally kicked the rejected people out of the system...i got my rejection letter back at the end of november, and for the last two days, if i try to log into their status page, i get the following
    i was actually just checking it because i found it funny that they DIDN'T kick us out of the system after rejection...but it looks like they have now.

12. teeney6

teeney6 Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    For those who are having trouble accessing the status page: Does the site only go down for a short time and come back up again (I remember it doing this for some people a couple weeks ago) or is it down for good?