• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

lfcdoc

10+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I was wondering what others have heard or experienced in regards to the program director at Northwestern.
-Thanx, lfcdoc :oops:

bipperbear

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
of all the interviews I did, the Northwestern PD stood out to me. She was obviously EXTREMELY invested in her residents, and very enthusiastic. Furthermore, every resident I spoke with only had glowing things to say about her. She is the type of PD that will go to bat for you for whatever you need.... fellowships, research, etc. It sounds like a big plus for the program.

on a personal level, she is very friendly and disarming.... easy to talk to. She read all of our personal statements and came up to each of us to discuss something o rather about them.

Kfix

10+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
While not having interviewed I have heard she is "too intense and labile" at times, and the residents are not friendly. I have heard this from a few people on the trail, which is why I turned down the interview.

About the Ads

lfcdoc

10+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Thanx for your thoughts Bipperbear and Kfix!
Anyone else heard anything? I appreciate the help. :)

blankspace_

10+ Year Member
Sep 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I have never heard what Kfix said both during my interview and on the interview trail. I've only heard of great things about the PD at Northwestern. The residents love her and talk about her as an asset to the program. She calls fellowship program directors to help get them into the best programs. She is caring and really wants to help out her residents. In fact, when I went to my UPenn interview, a resident there said that their PD and Northwestern's PD are in a "class of their own" compared to other program directors.

lfcdoc

10+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Thanks so much for your help everyone!!
lfcdoc

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.