Northwestern Post-Interview Decisions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

California

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to know if anyone thus far who has interviewed at NUMS has received a final decision that indicated they were put on the waitlist. I ask this question because I'm trying to figure out how the admissions process works at this institution.

I just learned a final (post-interview) decision was made on my application, which took place last week (the last week of February). I know the Admissions Committee will be meeting for the last time on March 22, 2002. I am kind of under the impression that if you have heard a decision at this point from NUMS it either means you are accepted or rejected. I presume the waitlist is made at the last Admissions Committee meeting after the last acceptances have been made. (So, if you have not heard yet, you still have a chance at an acceptance as well as a place on the waitlist.) I doubt many applicants have received a post-interview rejection since, as the Assistant Dean of Admissions explained during the interview day, only 30 interviewed applicants fall into this category. PLEASE FILL ME IN IF I AM MISTAKEN ON ANY OF THIS INFORMATION.

-----------------------------------------
I want to let all interviewed applicants (who recently saw their "Application Status" page indicate a final decision has been made) know that letters will be mailed on Friday, March 8, 2002.
-----------------------------------------

Members don't see this ad.

california-
when did you interview? i interviewed four weeks ago and am trying to figure out when my file is being reviewed. since i haven't seen a change in my application status on their website, i assume that i will be reviewed on march 22nd.

I interviewed the second week of January. I suspect you, puja19, will be reviewed on March 22, 2002. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called Northwestern today and was informed that the committee will be meeting each Friday from now until the 22nd. That means we could get some decisions, or at least a status page change before the 22nd.

The process Skrantz describes that will be occuring each Friday until March 22, 2002 seems a little peculiar. Do you think the reason the Committee is doing this is because all decisions from here on out will be regarding the waitlist? (I am sure, however, there will be some more acceptances given out. So please, if you have not heard yet, do not give up.) It seems all the interviewed applicants who have received a decision so far have been accepted. I am sure this will be the case for the individuals who just learned a decision was made. This is the way I see it. Let me know what you guys think. Concrete evidence would be great because I'm doing a lot of deduction on my own here.

They haven't formed the waitlist yet.

And they only reject 1% of those interviewed... but it seems like more than 1% of applicants on this board are getting a decision mailed soon, so it seems like it can't be a rejection...

But, as we all know, this admissions process does not work logically, so I really don't know...

The best concrete evidence is if someone gets this letter/package in the next few days and he/she post the news on the board.

I live in California, so I will be one of the last to hear. My status changed on Tuesday...

I spoke to the lady in the office on Tuesday also, and she said that "the Executive Admissions Committee (EAC) met last week, and that they some decisions, and that these decisions were being mailed this week...