Northwestern secondary question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Haybrant

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For essay question 3, the one with three choices, the choice a question seems a little void of any substance; they want you to write what you will do during time away from formal education, but dont ask anything along the lines of how you feel that might help for a career in medicine etc...I am going to continue research full time for a year along with a few other activities; would it be wrong to include why i chose this stuff/how it may help me in medicine or something along those lines? Just wondering it would seem like Im not directly answering the question they ask...

Members don't see this ad.

i think it would be very reasonable.

i wrote the study abroad answer which gave more guidance i think. the last sentence i tied it into my desire to be a physician because well.. i want to return to africa so its very straight forward.

but i think as long as at least 1/2-2/3 of your essay address the question fully then you may stear the end however you would like.

additionally, i would look at the study abroad question since it is detailed and i think it shows well types of things that they are interested in knowing about you if you wanted more guidance.

but the connection between research and medicine is direct so it wouldn't be off topic. good luck!

Haybrant said:
would it be wrong to include why i chose this stuff/how it may help me in medicine or something along those lines? Just wondering it would seem like Im not directly answering the question they ask...

not at all, man. altho they dont specifically mention this, i'd imagine they expect people to mention how what they are doing relates to medicine (if it in fact does). gluck with their app. i thought the question about the curriculum was dumb as we haven't experienced it . it would have been more constuctive to ask about ones learning styles i suppose. oh well.