Northwestern Secondary Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ice_23

Economics Monster
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
SDN'ers,

Ok, so perhaps I am just being an idiot searching the NU website, but I cannot figure out what Feinberg School of Medicine's "organ-based" approach is...I am asking because the a question on the application asks us to give a direct answer to questions about FSM's "organ-based" approach, and I cannot seem to find it...

I suppose that is the point of the question (to make us search through their website ad nauseum) but I would greatly appreciate any help in this matter. :)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I just found an answer to my question on another thread entitled "Northwestern Secondary", so sorry about bothering y'all! :)

An Organ Based Approach USUALLY means that you study different things organized by organs. Sorry, that is pretty obvious huh? Anyway, for example, during your preclinical years, you will learn the heart and all its physiology, biochemistry, pathology, etc. Then do the same for the lungs, etc. This is in contrast to studying physiology/biochem/path all as separate topics. Hope that helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
did you get a secondary from NWU for matriculating in 2004? when did they send it out?

thanks,
sonya

I did -- recvd on 7/22

I was at NU last night and actually talked to one of the adcoms for Feinberg.

She talked about this question on the secondary. It appears they just want to know that you know everything you can about their curiculum and explain why its a good match for you.

I wouldnt be afraid of this question. This is your chance to shine.