Northwestern Status Page

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elbow323

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received a message on Northwestern's status page other than "A decision has been made on your application"?

Members don't see this ad.

mine says: Your application is still under consideration.

post-secondary, pre-interview

mine is post-interview...sorry I should have said that

Members don't see this ad :)
Elbow-

I know this doesnt answer your question, but I am curious. Did you receive your letter of invitation before or after it said your letter was mailed on the site? I just want to know if I should continue to obsessively check the website or relax and wait for the letter...

Thanks

...and this doesn't really answer your question, but i didn't ever check the site before I got the invitation letter. Sorry.

I saw the "A decision has been made on ur file" when I checked my status page. Does that mean we should be getting something in the mail very soon. I am kinda scared cuz Northwestern is my first choice. I would be very very dissappointed if I got rejected or waitlisted. I usually dont pray but I think I should reconsider praying...I have no other option. I am kinda freaked out cuz its december and I have no clue where I am going next year. I haven't heard from six of the schools I applied to...I dont think I will be hearing from them either. I dont want to sound morbid but this whole process has left me so desperate:(

The website will say an interview invitation has been sent a couple days before it actually comes in the mail...

For the people whose website status has changed, when did you guys interview?

Hoe it's good news in the mail for y'all...

yes. when the website changes, that means they decided. they are meeting today (friday) so hopefully my status will change too, and they will mail you a letter soon, you should get it next week.

(sorry, i just called them).

when did you interview?? I am so nervous!

Good luck!

I'm 99% sure I'm cancelling my interview on the 14th, so that should open up a spot for someone. :)

Originally posted by Woots32
I'm 99% sure I'm cancelling my interview on the 14th, so that should open up a spot for someone. :)

Please let it be me!

I've been frantically checking my status on their website for the past 3 months since my app has been complete. Somedays I just wish they would reject me so I can stop worrying about them.

Has anyone received rejection letters post-secondary but pre-interview from them yet? Anyone have word on what's going on with them? This is getting ridiculous. When i applied two years ago they were fairly prompt with rejections post-secondary but I don't think I've read of a single SDNer that has gotten one yet.

Originally posted by Explosivo

Has anyone received rejection letters post-secondary but pre-interview from them yet?

i've read on here that people have gotten them. in fact, i think they sent some out last week.

Ditto. I just cancelled my interview for the 14th of Jan as well, so that makes two spots that have recently been opened up. Good luck to everyone.

ditto, canceled my interview for today 12/20...good luck everyone and happy holidays
dirtybob

Members don't see this ad :)
I pulled my application at Northwestern over a month ago, and my status page still says that I am "under consideration." I have no idea what the deal is, but I guess it don't matter for me.

Originally posted by ssf77
I haven't heard from six of the schools I applied to...I dont think I will be hearing from them either. I dont want to sound morbid but this whole process has left me so desperate:(

Me too: I haven't heard from over 15 places yet, and all I have are a bunch of waitlists and stupid rejections

my status page says "a decision has been made" as well.

i called the admissions office today to ask when they are sending out letters, and they said they are sending out letters today (friday 12/20), so we should be getting stuff in the mail next week.

i just got this weird email from northwestern...i dont know what to make of it (especially that underlined part which is the exact format the email came in). did anyone else get it???

Dear VirtuoJ,

Hello, my name is Hallen Chung and I am the special projects coordinator in the Office of Admissions at Northwestern University's Feinberg School of Medicine. My role in the office of admissions is to visit various colleges and universities to talk about Northwestern (maybe we've met at your school), advise prospective medical students on the admissions process, and serve as a point of contact for newly accepted students.

On your interview day you probably had a lot of people-students, faculty, deans, and staff answer your questions, but I wanted to let you know that I am available to answer any questions you may have "post-interview". Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions or concerns.

I hope to hear from you!

Originally posted by VirtuoJ
i just got this weird email from northwestern...i dont know what to make of it (especially that underlined part which is the exact format the email came in). did anyone else get it???

Dear VirtuoJ,

Hello, my name is Hallen Chung and I am the special projects coordinator in the Office of Admissions at Northwestern University's Feinberg School of Medicine. My role in the office of admissions is to visit various colleges and universities to talk about Northwestern (maybe we've met at your school), advise prospective medical students on the admissions process, and serve as a point of contact for newly accepted students.

On your interview day you probably had a lot of people-students, faculty, deans, and staff answer your questions, but I wanted to let you know that I am available to answer any questions you may have "post-interview". Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions or concerns.

I hope to hear from you!

Ummmm...i may not be the brightest of the bunch but i think that means you got in.

was that part underlined in the e-mail or did you underline it?

I can confirm VirtuoJ's email. I got an email from Hallen Chung with that same message, and the par about the newly admitted students was underlined. I really, really hope this means I got in. I emailed Hallen back but have not yet received a reply. I'll keep you guys posted.

if it was underlined then you guys probably got in! wooo hooo!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: don't get your hopes up though :laugh:

what schools do the two who got that message go to?

i go to MIT for undergrad.

for those that are wondering, i interviewed on nov. 1, and found out yesterday that a final decision has been made on my application. i got that email from hallen today. still no reply on what that email means.

i go to upenn, and interviewed in mid Nov.

did anyone whose status page says "a decision has been made" not receive that email? i'm just curious to see if they sent it to all who have interviewed so far.

I got that e-mail too... but my status page still says my application is under consideration.

oh well, guess i have to wait another 3 months :(

guess that email was sent to everybody then. anybody not get it post-interview?

OK, my status page says Decision has been made

BUT no Email

does this mean i'm rejected?

I figured if they got a decision this early, it would mean accepted or waitlist at least....

but who knows.

i guess i'll find out in a couple of days....

My status page also says "a decision has been made" but I did not get an email...guess that means rejection.

I interviewed on October 25th, and recieved "the" e-mail. When I read it I did not interpret it as alluding to an acceptance (at least my own that is!). Anyway, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. By the way, I go to a no name, unranked, but lovable school, and am quite proud of it!

bump

anyone have similar scenarios to these?

I got my acceptance today:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I called the admissions on friday and they said the letters would be mailed out next week. But I checked my mail box on saturday and there it was. For those wondering the letter was in a small manila envelope...Any good news for others?

Did you get the email everyone else got?

i got the email, with the underlining... and my status page says a decision has been made... and i haven't gotten an envelope yet. i will now be stalking my mailman. :D nw is one of my up-there choices.

I did get the email from Halle Chung in case any one was wondering. I just thought I got it cuz I sent in a thank you note to Dean Brown

I just got my acceptance letter from NU! I didn't get the email, though.

HOLY ****

I got the letter too

and no stupid Email.

This is a great christmas present.

it's my first time posting, so hi everybody~ and congrats on all the success stories!

something weird happened on my northwestern status page:

on 12/19 - it said 'a decision has been made'

but then 2 days later, it was back to 'your application is still under consideration.'

it's post-interview..i was kind of disappointed...

Well I'm using up that 1% and have decided to go to my interview after all. DW informed me that NW has subsidized student appartments that allow dogs. :D Sorry to all you vultures ;) out there who wanted my spot!

Well I'm using up that 1% and have decided to go to my interview after all. DW informed me that NW has subsidized student appartments that allow dogs. :D Sorry to all you vultures ;) out there who wanted my spot!

They let you have dogs? That's great! Are you talking about the dorms there or other apartments?

Originally posted by VirtuoJ
They let you have dogs? That's great! Are you talking about the dorms there or other apartments?

other apts in the area. 80 some percent of first year students apparently live in the dorms, but their are apts that have arrangements to cater to nums students/residents in the area, which while being a little more expensive than living on campus are suprisingly reasonable for downtown chicago.

I interviewed at NU on 11/6/02. I got that e-mail from Hallen too, with the underlining. It doesn't mean that I got in, just that SHOULD I get in, I would go to her for question. ANyway, my status page says "still under consideration."

Not bad, I guess, since I didn't send any thank you notes to anyone at NU.

Oops!