Gollum

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2004
Status (Visible)
Those on the WL at NU, let's see what we're made of as far as stats go to get a genral idea of the stats of who has been WLed.

I'll start:

NJ resident
CGPA: 3.87
SGPA: 3.79
U Penn UG

MCAT: 36P
no graduate degree
Minimal Research with no publications
Some clinical experience

Other schools accepted at: MSSM, AE, NJMS

periodic

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2003
Status (Visible)
Hey man, I really think there's no point. The spectrum of stats for the wait-listed will be very close, if not identical, to the accepted. You're just as qualified as the next kid, it's just pretty random.

CalBeE

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2003
Status (Visible)
Yea don't dwell on those stuff. Just send in LOI like crazy if it's your top choice.

I'm still contemplating whether I should pursue the waitlists at Pritzker and Northwestern, because I'm just became emotionally exhausted by this process. I'm already IN at UCLA, and one of the only thing that attracts me to the Chicago schools is the location (Good to have a change of environment from HOT California)...That's why I don't even know if it's worth the effort.

About the Ads

Kashue

No longer a USMLE JUNKIE!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2003
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by CalBeE
Yea don't dwell on those stuff. Just send in LOI like crazy if it's your top choice.

I'm still contemplating whether I should pursue the waitlists at Pritzker and Northwestern, because I'm just became emotionally exhausted by this process. I'm already IN at UCLA, and one of the only thing that attracts me to the Chicago schools is the location (Good to have a change of environment from HOT California)...That's why I don't even know if it's worth the effort.

I hear ya Calbee.

rebeclette

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2004
Philadelphia
Status (Visible)
I feel the same way about waitlists. I went to college in philly, and so far that's the only place I've been accepted. I loved Northwestern and was rejected, and I loved Pritzker and am on the waitlist. A change of scenery would be so nice, but I'm not sure I have the emotional energy to really try and get into Pritzker and then not be sucessful.

Does anyone remember the date when Pritzker is supposed to tell us if they are continueing to consider us or not?

CalBeE

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2003
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by rebeclette
I feel the same way about waitlists. I went to college in philly, and so far that's the only place I've been accepted. I loved Northwestern and was rejected, and I loved Pritzker and am on the waitlist. A change of scenery would be so nice, but I'm not sure I have the emotional energy to really try and get into Pritzker and then not be sucessful.

Does anyone remember the date when Pritzker is supposed to tell us if they are continueing to consider us or not?

I believe they say a few people are usually accepted each year in Feb and March (Maybe those on the top of their waitlist and who mentioned that Pritzker's their first choice). In April, they'll narrow down the list to the official waitlist in preparation of May 15th.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.