Northwestern with a 32? (Caucasian)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gary5

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. Do you know anyone who's gotten into Northwestern/Feinberg with a 32?...with the skin penalty: Caucasian.

Thanks!
:p :love: :p

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by gary5
Hi. Do you know anyone who's gotten into Northwestern/Feinberg with a 32?...with the skin penalty: Caucasian.

Thanks!
:laugh: :laugh:

did you try checking out mdapplicants to see if anyone who has a profile there did?

A Friend of mine got into Northwestern last year with about 30 MCAT. He's not white, but he's Asian, so affirmative action doesn't help him at all

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi I am interviewing there tues with a 33 and white/male. So I am sure you are ok.

Thanks!

your 32 is not gonna keep you out of NU

Thanks everybody! I feel a lot better.

:p :clap: :p

Yea NU is my number one choice. I wish they had rolling admissions!

A guy I know who interviewed a while back at Northwestern was told he would hear back from them in a few weeks, so wouldn't that mean that NU is rolling? Do you think it may be like Cornell who for the most part had non-rolling admissions and may accept some students via a rolling manner? Just my 2 cents.

their admissions IS rolling, acceptances have already gone out for the earlier applicants/interviewees, so it's definitely rolling.

They accept once in late Nov and then once again in late Feb. That's what the website says...

God, I hope so! I'm white/32 too! Still waiting for interview, though. :(

-X

Thanks!

33 MCAT/OverRepresented Minority here.

Interviewing there in January.

Originally posted by priscy921
their admissions IS rolling, acceptances have already gone out for the earlier applicants/interviewees, so it's definitely rolling.

It is NOT rolling. There are two acceptance dates. One in Nov and the other in Late Feb. Interviewing earlier or later does not necessarily put one at an advantage or disadvantage. There are some people in my class who interviewed in Feb and got in(me for example) and there are others who interviewed before Nov but did not get in til Feb and yet others who interviewed before Nov and got in on the Nov date.

Get your facts straight before you post or at least preface them with a grain of salt so people don't get misninformed.

Members don't see this ad :)
It IS rolling if a large number of applicants get in before many others have interviewed. That's why I said it was rolling, I DIDN"T SAY that people won't get in if they apply later, I simply said that a lot of people get in before the later applicants are even interviewed. That doesn't mean that everyone interviewed early finds out early or gets in, and it doesn't mean that everyone who interviews late gets rejected, you clearly read too much into my earlier post. my facts are pretty "straight" since i know a lot of people who already got in... sorry if you feel i misinformed people, but i didn't, since i said they got in and they did.

p.s. Non-rolling schools look at nearly ALL of their applicants before accepting any. Northwestern doesn't do that, they give out acceptances in November before they've finished interviewing, therefore they are rolling as far as we're concerned (as applicants), regardless of what they're Ad comm office calls it.

What happens to those who interview in late February? Is Northwestern rolling after this second acceptance date, or do they completely fill their class by February and everyone who interviews after that only has a chance at the waitlist?

Originally posted by priscy921
p.s. Non-rolling schools look at nearly ALL of their applicants before accepting any. Northwestern doesn't do that, they give out acceptances in November before they've finished interviewing, therefore they are rolling as far as we're concerned (as applicants), regardless of what they're Ad comm office calls it.

p.s. your facts are still wrong.

Its not rolling period. It wasn't rolling as far as I was concerned(as an applicant) and it still isn't rolling as far as I'm concerned.

By saying it is rolling you are saying that someone who got an interview in mid February has less of a chance of getting in than someone who interviewed in January. This is not true. Therefore you are wrong and your facts still aren't "straight."

One could say it is neither rolling nor non-rolling but a happy medium instead. Nevertheless it is NOT rolling. Notice, I didnt call it "non-rolling." I didn't call it "rolling" etiher. I simply posted what my school's acceptance procedure is. Perhaps I should call it "the happy medium" from now on.

Either way...our admissions IS NOT ROLLING.

Originally posted by DoctorWannaBe
What happens to those who interview in late February? Is Northwestern rolling after this second acceptance date, or do they completely fill their class by February and everyone who interviews after that only has a chance at the waitlist?

If you interview in late February you still have a chance. They do not make their second set of decisions until they have interviewed everyone they wanted to interview. So you have an equal chance as someone who interviewed in December(if you interview in late Feb). Make sense?

Thanks UCLAMAN! I hope they offer me an interview soon so I can schedule it before the February date. Do you know when they stop sending out interview invites?

31 MCAT, white male, got an interview. I think I'm the lowest white boy around here with an interview. Anyone else?

Originally posted by UCLAMAN
If you interview in late February you still have a chance. They do not make their second set of decisions until they have interviewed everyone they wanted to interview. So you have an equal chance as someone who interviewed in December(if you interview in late Feb). Make sense?

in fact, you are on equal(per se...obviously every applicant is different. different gpa, mcat, interview, etc.) footing with anyone who has interviewed at NU but has not gotten accepted yet. (assuming you interview in Feb).

Originally posted by DoctorWannaBe
Thanks UCLAMAN! I hope they offer me an interview soon so I can schedule it before the February date. Do you know when they stop sending out interview invites?

Not sure when they stop sending invites. The last interview dates are towards the end of February.

I didn't get my interview invite until the day after Christmas last year and I didn't get to schedule my interview til mid Feb.

Good Luck!!!!