Northwestern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

margerita

Medical student
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was complete on 9/2 and still haven't heard anything. I have 2 friends with very similar stats who were complete about a week and a half before me and have already interviewed. Anybody else in the same boat as me?

Members don't see this ad.

margerita said:
I was complete on 9/2 and still haven't heard anything. I have 2 friends with very similar stats who were complete about a week and a half before me and have already interviewed. Anybody else in the same boat as me?

I've been complete since late August with no response despite good news on other fronts. I accidentally missed the first deadline they gave me, though, so perhaps it's my own fault. They may have taken this as lack of interest...

Can you still log in?

Members don't see this ad :)
margerita said:

yep, exact same boat. :(

RunMimi said:
This reminds me--acceptances should be coming soon! Finger (and toes) crossed!
towards the end of the month, or so i hear...

i think we're all waiting on this one...

the bitch of it is that dean brown told me decisions aren't necessarily made in chronological order; meaning that just because you interviewed in september doesn't mean you'll hear back in november. you could still be in the "march" pile of acceptances, somehow. oh well, i've got time...

I checked last year's thread and the status page changed around 11/21. People started receiving acceptances through snail mail a few days later. I think they go through everybody applications and accept the ones they really want in November so not everybody hears back.

I actually completed my secondary before august 10th and JUST got a letter this past week. Unfortunately, it was a big phat rejection. But the point is that it could take a fair amount of time to hear back. (Good thing for me this was not one of the programs I was very interested in).

just bumping to see if anyone has any new information as to when NU will start to contact us (well, hopefully contact us, anyway ;) )...also, i really don't want to study for my biochem final... :(

The Dean did say that we would hear (after interviews) in LATE nov. whatever that means. Perhaps tomorrow, perhaps monday? My nerves are going to kill me!!!

rosa said:
The Dean did say that we would hear (after interviews) in LATE nov. whatever that means. Perhaps tomorrow, perhaps monday? My nerves are going to kill me!!!
yeah, i know its supposed to be late november, but SDN has me in this mode of "if something important is supposed to be in the mail around a holiday (thanksgiving, in this case), will it still come, or will we have to wait that much longer"?

i'm crazy and bored and i hate biochem. grrrr :smuggrin:

I interviewed there this week and the asst dean said that they would be handing out the first round of acceptances this Friday.

Unfortunately our interview group wouldn't be condsidered for that round, so c'mon March! :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
rockstar2525 said:
I interviewed there this week and the asst dean said that they would be handing out the first round of acceptances this Friday.

Unfortunately our interview group wouldn't be condsidered for that round, so c'mon March! :oops:

wait; so they have two rounds of acceptances? one this wknd and the next is in march? thats quite a while from now...

rockstar2525 said:
"this friday" as in, tomorrow?! yikes! :eek: so i guess the decisions that they decide to send out should arrive by thanksgiving, after all.

back to anal-retentive mail box patrol! :scared:

good luck to everyone else waiting on NU :thumbup: :luck:

Haybrant said:
wait; so they have two rounds of acceptances? one this wknd and the next is in march?
that's right.

Haybrant said:
wait; so they have two rounds of acceptances? one this wknd and the next is in march? thats quite a while from now...

From what she said, it sounds like they offer acceptances this Friday to people who have already interviewed and they are really sure about. The remainder of the people get put back in the pot and are evaluated along with the rest of the interviewees from upcoming months. So some people may still get in in March, even if they don't make the first cut. Yes, march is quite a while from now...in fact, that is an understatement.

they will get to us by snail mail or email?

what did you guys think of the interview? this is my next one, and i'm really excited/nervous about it. any advice or other thoughts?

Hey, this waiting thing is getting to me, and Northwestern is one of my top choices, does anyone think it would be bad for me to call them tomorrow afternoon and ask what my status is instead of waiting for the snailmail?

I am finally complete at NU as of the 17th. I cant do anything but laugh. it says on my status page: Secondary App: July 29th
Payment: July 29th
LOR received: Nov 17th.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :mad:

One last thing, just procrastinating for two exams tomorrow, I was looking at the thread from last year, some people were called and some just recieved letters saying yes. Btw, superdevil, i think I interviewed the same day as you did, we were there pretty early, before everyone else. Be it phone calls, a letters, good luck to everyone.

KalebMD said:
Hey, this waiting thing is getting to me, and Northwestern is one of my top choices, does anyone think it would be bad for me to call them tomorrow afternoon and ask what my status is instead of waiting for the snailmail?

Good luck.

I've done this multiple times and nothing has come from it.

I've been blown off with "We don't necessarily review apps in the order they are complete (8/31)"

and

"Decisions have been made and you should hear within two weeks (this was four weeks ago)"

I can still log onto my status page so I am still active...if that is what you can call it.

But, maybe, you'll luck out and get a meaningful response.

KalebMD said:
One last thing, just procrastinating for two exams tomorrow, I was looking at the thread from last year, some people were called and some just recieved letters saying yes. Btw, superdevil, i think I interviewed the same day as you did, we were there pretty early, before everyone else. Be it phone calls, a letters, good luck to everyone.
yup, it was me! nice of them to tell us to arrive before their office opens...oh well. how's the rest of the interview season treated you? things must be pretty nice in east lansing after that wisconsin game ;)

damn, that makes like 5 or 6 SDNers i've met in person :eek: its a hell of a place, eh?

ok, back to checking the mailbox...

totally off subject, but...

THANK YOU MSU!!!

now as long as we beat osu we get to go to the rose bowl again!! :)

Interviews going all right, going back to Chicago next week for Rush. The only thing is that I have missed a ton of classes for interviews so each test is a little tougher than usual. I was waitlisted here at MSU and UChicago, so I want to hear something from someone before the holidays.

Got a northwestern interview invite today! YEAH! :D

BTW Complete: 9/25

hey, can anyone who gets an acceptance post here? and how long do you think you should wait for no response before you realize you won't get notified til march?

I keep checking my status page.

Ok, my status page has changed, saying a decision is forth coming. Now, from what I saw on last years Threads, this means an acceptance or a rejection, I think if you are waitlisted it doesn't change. Anyone hear about this, anyone have a status page change? Good luck.

KalebMD said:
Ok, my status page has changed, saying a decision is forth coming. Now, from what I saw on last years Threads, this means an acceptance or a rejection, I think if you are waitlisted it doesn't change. Anyone hear about this, anyone have a status page change? Good luck.

yup. mine says decision is forth coming too. i think it's by snail mail though, so we'll just have to wait. :)

Best of luck! Can you let us know when you interviewed? Curious how far they got in the interview cycle. Thanks.

yuck, not another waitlist.

RunMimi said:
ARG! Mine didn't change! It just still says, "Hope you enjoyed your interview day with us. A final decision is pending on your application." Does yours say something different?

Mine says a decision is forthcoming. I have a feeling that it means bad news. If it was a positive thing, then wouldn't they have something more positive?

(someone please calm me)

also, for runmimi and indy, this could just mean that they didn't get to your file, and you'll have to wait until march (i.e. I don't think it is necessarily a waiting list). good luck!

calstudent said:
Mine says a decision is forthcoming. I have a feeling that it means bad news. If it was a positive thing, then wouldn't they have something more positive?

(someone please calm me)

also, for runmimi and indy, this could just mean that they didn't get to your file, and you'll have to wait until march (i.e. I don't think it is necessarily a waiting list). good luck!
acutally, i think it is language neutral...

waiting till the march decision date is basically a waitlist anyway; i would have liked to have at least one school by now.

good luck everyone

The "decision is forthcoming" is not bad, its what they always say, or at least what they did to everyone last year. I interviewed on Sept. 28.

labrador said:
Best of luck! Can you let us know when you interviewed? Curious how far they got in the interview cycle. Thanks.

i interviewed on 11/5.

IndyZX said:
acutally, i think it is language neutral...

waiting till the march decision date is basically a waitlist anyway; i would have liked to have at least one school by now.

good luck everyone

no bro. i think they just may not have gotten to your file; and, from runmimi's data, maybe they just didn't update your page. i distinctly remember that during the talk the admissions director said they will make a decision only on some, not all, people. so, i get the feeling they just didn't get to your file (possibly)

looks like it's back to the mailbox. arg!

IndyZX said:
waiting till the march decision date is basically a waitlist anyway
agreed. waiting til march means "you're not bad...we're just not sure if you're good, that's all." :D

honestly, if i've already got some financial aid packets by march, there's a chance i'll forget about NU and UPitt, anyway. great schools, but that non-rolling stuff is straight-up junk. :rolleyes:

btw, my status page remains unchanged.

ok, after looking the old thread from last year, it looks like everyone who received a status change got an acceptance; you'll probably receive a letter by wednesday or thursday.

i am now bitter. i thought my interviews went well and i loved the school. i realize that i may have just been pushed over to the next cycle, but i guess i was just way too confident coming into this application process.

hey does anyone think it would be in poor taste to call the school tomorrow and ask them when the sent out the letters, if it was friday or monday?

KalebMD said:
hey does anyone think it would be in poor taste to call the school tomorrow and ask them when the sent out the letters, if it was friday or monday?

Poor taste? At this point, taste doesn't matter. I would call and ask whatever question I need answered. With a little bit of courtesy, any question is a fair one.

KalebMD said:

if you call--let us know...

just spoke to the dean of admissions, and i got some updates for you guys regarding acceptances:

the dean called about 20 people last friday regarding acceptances, but she was a little ill, so i don't think she got around to calling everyone. snail mail is going to arrive probably later this week.

i was accepted and my status page did change to mention that "a final decision is forthcoming." i'm guessing that ppl who have the same status change will hear good news by postal soon :) .

krelian said:
just spoke to the dean of admissions, and i got some updates for you guys regarding acceptances:

the dean called about 20 people last friday regarding acceptances, but she was a little ill, so i don't think she got around to calling everyone. snail mail is going to arrive probably later this week.

i was accepted and my status page did change to mention that "a final decision is forthcoming." i'm guessing that ppl who have the same status change will hear good news by postal soon :) .

so...they tell you over the phone if you got in or not?

hey, congratulations to all of you got status changes... im sure youll be getting great news soon enough!

for the rest of us mortals, the next decision date is February 25th, which isnt really that far away... i was thinking that wed have to wait till like really late spring or something.

Feb 25 seems like a really long time, but you're right, it will be upon us in no time...
To everyone else who is awaiting decisions, good luck :luck: Keep us posted on what you find out!

do you think people that interview the last week of january will hear in feb also?

I wish all these early march schools that I really want to attend were rolling!

lilxsmilez said:
so...they tell you over the phone if you got in or not?
No, I was one of the ones that was called by the dean on Friday. It just so happens she left a message on my voicemail, and I called her back today.