northwestern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bruno316

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
alright, i've had my interview. my status just changed recently (last couple days) from 'under consideration' to 'a decision has been made.' was wondering if others have had such changes and what were the outcomes. i'm away from my mailbox for another three plus weeks, so it's kind of killing me. i interviewd around 11/27.

Members don't see this ad.

i'm so jealous! i interviewed 11/7 and my application is 'still under consideration'. i bet it's a good sign for you that a decision has been made! although that is a very eerie way to put it. they are pretty speedy over in chicago, though. every time something changed on my web status, i'd get a letter about a week later. sit tight, and DON'T FORGET to post what happens so that we can rejoice in your success! (i have my fingers crossed for you!)

Hey...my status just changed, too =)

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing in heaven or hell could keep me away from my mailbox for three+ weeks if I were in your shoes. I would fly half-way across the world if I had to!

For you all that interviewed in Nov., when were your apps complete at NUMS?

For you all that interviewed in Nov., when were your apps complete at NUMS?

Did any of you get a call from Dean Brown? And does your status just say that a decision has been made, or that you were waitlisted or accepted?

Thanks. Good luck to you all. :)

Is their status check still down? Because it still says receipt of my materials cannot be verified at this time.

i think the status check is working. i also get that message about receipt of materials cannot be verified, but it's been accurate with my dates for interview invite and interview, etc... i interviewed on 11/2; my app was done in september sometime although i had an mcat score release problem that was solved until later (mid oct). anyway, no phone calls from anyone, just a decision has been made. the other day, i called and changed my address at nwu. letters will probably be sent next week sometime. this is all i know. good luck.

Yeah, I called and the lady first asked if Dean Brown had called me (she hasn't), then said that she couldn't tell me what the decision was. :( This does not bode well for my chances there, I don't think...

I was under the assumption that the check-status website for Northwestern was down, because none of my info is posted so when I called they told that my application was complete....did all of you go through this or is the info actually there?

Dr. Don, I've had a similar experience with Northwestern. I called about a month ago to check on the status of my application and they said that my application was complete, but my status check does not indicate this. It still says that my status can't be verified electronically at this time.

Anybody turn their application in after the beginning of November or end of September heard anything? If so, when did you get an interview invite?

I called Northwestern about a week before Christmas to check on my app status because their website told me nothing. They told me my app was complete and that their website was broken. They told me to stop checking it because it was a waste of time-- this hasn't stopped me though, I must admit. You never know when they will fix it. So if you're dying to know your status and they won't tell you over the phone, you're doomed to wait :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope, receipt of materials will never be reflected on the website. Keep checking it though, b/c once they offer you an interview, the site changes and has a button that says "you may now schedule an interview." At least that's how it worked for me. My app was complete there on Sept 4 (I called), I got my interview invite on Nov 26, and have my interview Jan 11. So don't worry if you haven't heard anything...

Hi, I'm one of those "haven't heard squat" people. :rolleyes: Application turned in end of sept. They say it's currently under consideration....yeah, right! :D

The status check web site says that receipt of my applications cannot be verified electronically at this time. I finally called Northwestern last week just to make sure my application was complete. The lady I talked to said my application was complete, and that it is in the second stage of a 4-stage review process. She said that they forwarded my app to a faculty member for review, but the faculty member hadn't returned it yet. By the way, my application was submitted on 9/13.

So what does everyone think about people whose files were completed in December? Have we no hope of hearing anything regarding interviews for 3 months? How awful!

The lady I talked to said my application was complete, and that it is in the second stage of a 4-stage review process. She said that they forwarded my app to a faculty member for review, but the faculty member hadn't returned it yet.

Wow, that's cool that you got **stage** info! All they could tell me when I called was that my app was complete and still under review. Submitted October, complete early November. <<sigh>>

Incendiary,
I could be wrong, but why would Dean Brown call you to tell you you're rejected?? if she was supposed to call you, then it MUST be good news right? i think so!

Well, but she HASN'T called is the thing. I suspect she just didn't know what she was talking about. Hello waitlist/rejection... :(

Actually, has Dean Brown called anyone here? If so, do please share the good news. :)

Is NUMS non-rolling? I ask because I haven't seen any posts for acceptances or rejections, only interviews. OR, is it that they are slow with this as well?

they are rolling, but very slow. they have about a 6 week turn-around (supposedly) and they only started interviewing in november. i bet this is the first round of acceptances.

Originally posted by PST:
•So what does everyone think about people whose files were completed in December? Have we no hope of hearing anything regarding interviews for 3 months? How awful!•••

Unfortunately for those of us who completed our applications in September, I believe the answer to your question is "no". Applications do not seem to be processed in the order received. How long it takes for you to hear about an interview depends at least in part on a faculty review, the time for which varies greatly. If your faculty reviewer returns his/her evaluation quickly, you're likely to hear whether you got an interview quickly. Otherwise, you may be waiting for months!

Caution--bump.

This thread prompted me to check my Northwestern status a couple of days ago. I also got that ambiguous phrase, "A decision has been made on your application." I didn't get a phone call from Dean Brown, so I thought for sure it was a waitlist/rejection. But I came home yesterday to a letter of acceptance from them!!! So, Incendiary, the lack of phone call doesn't really mean a thing. You're probably in for good news. You too, Bruno 316! Good luck to you all!

Btw, my app was complete at mid-September and my interview was on 11/9.

isa... you're right. i got the good news yesterday too. interviewed 11/27. best of luck to the rest of you.

I interviewed at NUMS on 11/17--and my status page still says "under consideration"...

For those accepted, do they give you a phone call or email or just notification by regular mail??

Way to go for you guys that got NUMS acceptances!!

Hey nochaser,

I think NUMS is rolling, but only sorta. They have three decision dates: late-December, mid-February, and mid-March. At least, that's what someone said at my interview. That was a little while ago, though, so things might have changed since then.

Good luck everyone! :)

After reading everyone's posts about how the NUMS status check page hasn't been updated in months, I just figured everything was OK. I sent my secondary in in early November, and my references all sent their letters in. Yesterday however, I figured I'd call them to make sure everything was OK, and lo and behold, no, it wasn't. One of my letters of rec wasn't sent on letterhead stationary, so it was no good. It would have been really nice if they'd let ME know this, instead of just letting my file sit. I got the sender to resend the LOR again today, but now I'm waaaay behind here. This is the third school something like this has happened, so EVERYONE, if you haven't already, call all the schools you haven't heard from and ask what's up.

I was there last friday and the timetable for when they offer admissions is the same as mentioned above. The Nov/Dec black just got their letters sent to them, the Jan/Feb will hear in Mid Feb, and Everybody will hear in march.

I hate to write one of these whiny emails, but If I interviewed in mid-nov and didn't hear with the first decision group, should I infer a rejection??? I thought my interivew went well, but who knows!

Thanks!

I interviewed in early December, and Dean Brown said that we would not hear until February. Also, it does say on their website that interview period will not strictly tie to letter dates, though I assume the earlier you hear, probably the better.

So, if I haven't gotten an interview invite yet, am I screwed? Should I start to beg?? :confused: :(