Northwestern's GROUP INTERVIEW......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrRads101

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can safely say that my interview experience at NU was among the best and the friends I made during it felt the same way. The group interview is MORE LAID BACK folks than personal interviews because you TALK WAY LESS. Remember that and repeat that to yourself many times until it sinks in.

For example, at UMich I had 3 interviews back to back, 30 minutes a piece. Each one was personal and I had to be on the BALL and field questions for an hour and a half!

At Northwestern I basically sat there and listened to the group ask questions to another member of my group, and once and a while they would ask me a question. I probably opened my mouth to talk a total of 15 minutes, and at the end of it you will play a "game" of pretending you live together and how to organize a party, and come up with rules and plans, effectively to see how well you can work with other people.

If you are even SLIGHTLY a social person you'll find the group interview MUCH more laid back and friendly than the typical personal interviews where YOU and YOUR ANSWERS are the focus of attention for the whole time.

Members don't see this ad.