Not a peep from Jefferson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zenaforever

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Have any of you heard ANYTHING from jefferson? I was complete there in AUGUST and I still haven't heard anything! I mean, I pretty much know what the result is if I haven't heard, but are there any more of you out there?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,

Have any of you heard ANYTHING from jefferson? I was complete there in AUGUST and I still haven't heard anything! I mean, I pretty much know what the result is if I haven't heard, but are there any more of you out there?

Jefferson is one of those schools that doesn't seem to send out rejections until august or until they know for certain that their classes are filled.

Hah. I completely forgot about Jefferson. I just checked my status and apparently I'm still not even complete there.

I sent in my secondary/committee letter back in August.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been complete since.....don't remember. Haven't heard a peep from them.

Jefferson is one of those schools that doesn't seem to send out rejections until august or until they know for certain that their classes are filled.

so true. they were one of the last schools to officially reject me...

but by now it's a safe bet that if you haven't interviewed at a school you are unofficially rejected.

i haven't heard anything from jefferson in a very long time either. hah, it'll be funny receiving a rejection letter well into M1 year.

I got a rejection from Jefferson last week. Never even got an interview.

I think it's a bit rude, to at least somewhat of a degree. If you had submitted all of your materials in by August, and it still says that your file is incomplete, then there is a good possibility that your file hadn't been analyzed closely enough, if at all. There may be a possibility that they just don't update their online statuses for applicants, but that doesn't explain why it is updated for some but not others.

I know that they have a tremendous amount of files to look at. But I've paid $120 to one particular school, and at least they had the decency to take the time to look at my file for even a few minutes before rejecting me :D.

I think it's a bit rude, to at least somewhat of a degree. If you had submitted all of your materials in by August, and it still says that your file is incomplete, then there is a good possibility that your file hadn't been analyzed closely enough, if at all. There may be a possibility that they just don't update their online statuses for applicants, but that doesn't explain why it is updated for some but not others.

I know that they have a tremendous amount of files to look at. But I've paid $120 to one particular school, and at least they had the decency to take the time to look at my file for even a few minutes before rejecting me :D.

I agree - if a school has THAT many applications to look at and are charging $120 a pop I think they can afford to hire a few more people to sift through those things

Correct me if I am wrong, but did Jefferson's secondary ask any more info other than your SAT scores (random) and who you knew that was associated with Jefferson? There wasn't even an additional essay was there? I would think, of all the schools I applied to, they would have the fastest turn around.

Oh, I think you should wait until 2012 to withdraw your app for the class of 2011.

I encourage everyone to write the admissions dept to complain about this issue, especially if you feel your application fee was far too expensive to not hear ANYTHING back by now...

this will only stop when enough people complain. we just have to realize that this wont affect our application cycle, but for our friends and future colleagues who have yet to apply, this could make a bit of difference for them in their application process.

i wrote in to complain 2.5 weeks ago, and was surprised by the response i was given. you should do the same!

I encourage everyone to write the admissions dept to complain about this issue, especially if you feel your application fee was far too expensive to not hear ANYTHING back by now...

this will only stop when enough people complain. we just have to realize that this wont affect our application cycle, but for our friends and future colleagues who have yet to apply, this could make a bit of difference for them in their application process.

i wrote in to complain 2.5 weeks ago, and was surprised by the response i was given. you should do the same!

What was the response?

What was the response?

Also curious to know.

I was also complete in July, and haven't heard a thing. I think I'll call them after May 15th and ask them if they are still giving out interview invites:D

Correct me if I am wrong, but did Jefferson's secondary ask any more info other than your SAT scores (random) and who you knew that was associated with Jefferson? There wasn't even an additional essay was there? I would think, of all the schools I applied to, they would have the fastest turn around.

Oh, I think you should wait until 2012 to withdraw your app for the class of 2011.

I believe that there was an additional essay involved, actually. I may have been an optional essay, though.

If you hadn't heard from Jefferson, and you wanted to make sure that you were being reviewed, did you try emailing or calling? One of friends did that, had her application reviewed, and was invited for an interview. She's set to graduate in a few weeks.

So, don't be afraid to call and ask to make sure that your application is being reviewed. Better than complaining on an internet forum...

They ask for SAT scores? :thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:

They ask for SAT scores? :thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:

Yeah - I believe it's for their research. Someone is trying to see if there is a correlation between SAT scores, MCAT scores, and Step 1/2 scores.

I find it extremely difficult to believe that they'd use your SAT scores to determine whether or not you'll get in. :)

If I remember (again it's been a while since I applied), they weren't even that strict about it. If you don't remember, I think you might even be able to leave that part blank. I certainly didn't remember mine that clearly.

Yeah - I believe it's for their research. Someone is trying to see if there is a correlation between SAT scores, MCAT scores, and Step 1/2 scores.

I find it extremely difficult to believe that they'd use your SAT scores to determine whether or not you'll get in. :)

If I remember (again it's been a while since I applied), they weren't even that strict about it. If you don't remember, I think you might even be able to leave that part blank. I certainly didn't remember mine that clearly.

Thanks, that's a little reassuring as my SAT scores were nothing to write home about. I'm pretty sure my score will do wonders for their research. :rolleyes:

If you hadn't heard from Jefferson, and you wanted to make sure that you were being reviewed, did you try emailing or calling? One of friends did that, had her application reviewed, and was invited for an interview. She's set to graduate in a few weeks.

Very true. I have heard that Jefferson is one of those schools that likes it when you follow up and show interest in their program.

So, don't be afraid to call and ask to make sure that your application is being reviewed. Better than complaining on an internet forum...

Can't speak for the others, but since you quoted me, once I got into a school I really liked, I stopped caring about the other schools I applied to.

I think we are complaining more about the process. We are held to all these standards, why aren't the schools?

how much do you want to bet that they look at half their applicants and just fill the class with those? i applied with a lot of confidence that i would at least get an interview and i called three weeks ago only to hear that my rejection would arrive by saturday... grr....